close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart MySQLi Local Checkout server behavior issues

Thread began 9/16/2014 9:43 pm by Christopher West | Last modified 11/12/2014 12:16 pm by david | 1767 views | 4 replies |

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

eCart MySQLi Local Checkout server behavior issues

Hey there, developing a new ecommerce website with the latest version of eCart that has been optimized for MySQLi.

Rather than using the main eCart Wizard to create all the files. I want to use the server behaviors included in the eCart menus to manually create my pages. I have already created my basket.php page using the Display Manager Wizard, and that works fine.

I decided to not use the main Checkout Wizard as I wanted to keep my code clean so that I can use my own validation code as well as using regular session variables (rather than WA_coalesce PHP code to populate my database). Plus I'm choosing not to use the persistent form data).

Also I want to use local checkout as well as the paypal express button.

I been doing various tests using clean project files (what I mean by clean is fresh code that does not include any webassist ecart files created during the wizards, so that these files are newly created for each testing process).

I am attaching the files, checkout.php and confirm.php after I have added the server behaviors. And I am attaching screenshots for each test.

The first test was for confirm.php
for this the first screen shot shows where in the dreamweaver menus I am selecting Local Checkout
and the second screenshot shows what happens after selecting...in other words the dialog box is blank for Local Checkout server behaviour.

The second test was for checkout.php
As you can see from the attached screenshots steps 1 to 4 you will see that the dialog box for Insert Checkout Form is blank.

And for each of the above tests you will see the code generated in checkout.php and confirm.php

I just wanted to work out why I cannot use Local Checkout in my project. I even tried the test with a complete blank PHP and it results in the same issue. I have even tried deleting my dreamweaver cache file. In addition, I would liek to point out that I have done many tests using the main eCart checkout wizard and this is successful so I know that eCart works to the extent that it successfully shows the dialog boxes for that part of the system. It appears that is just doesnt work for using the Local Checkout server behavior from the server behavior panel in Dreamweaver, as well as the Insert Checkout Form menu option appears not working.

What could be the cause? is it my approach? Am I missing out a crucial step before adding either the Insert Checkout Form or the Local Checkout server behavior? or is a bug of Dreamweaver or eCart?

Regards

Chris

Attached Files
checkout.php
confirm.php
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Sorry Chris, these are 2 bugs with eCart. I have logged them in our system to have them corrected for the next update, sorry for the inconvenience.

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

No worries Jason. As mentioned I'm just experimenting with trying different options within eCart at the moment. As stated, ultimately I want to build the checkout process using the individual server behaviours. And in wanting this, I been experimenting first with the eCart Checkout wizard as I want to learn the different server behaviours it adds and in what order etc. this way I can understand how to create it using the individual server behaviours that eCart provides. As a quick workaround to the mentioned bug in eCart I have saved a previous tested eCart checkout wizard generated pages....I could simply copy the portion of code from that which applies to Local Checkout and then paste that into my new project folder. I was also wondering the persistent code that's generated by Checkout Wizard, is this required by Local Checkout for it to take payments? Is can I just use manually created session variables for my form data? I understand that the persistent code is so that the stored variables can be used on an external website. I'm just trying to think in what scenario I would require that feature? I be using the paypal express button as a second payment method directly on my site where the customer enters their billing, shipping and credit card details and tugs is processed by paypal payments pro on my website page (hence local checkout) or am I missing the bigger picture....Even thought I have a form on my website that allows credit card input...do I need to use persistent variables to communicate that data with paypal?

Oh while on the subject, can I also use WorldPay as a payment provider (not at computer right now so cannot see if their is an option for that)

Also my client wanted to store payment details so a returning customer doesn't have to enter in those details again (I told her not to store card details on her website as that's a big no no concerning security). But is there an alternative where a customer doesn't have to type in their card details if they are a returning customer (a lot of websites do mask all but the last 4 digits of a card number. So I assume they store the customers card details on their website)

Chris

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you don't need to use the persistent data, you can create session variables instead if you like.

World Pay is a supported gateway in eCart, see this page for more detail on supported gateways:
http://www.webassist.com/dreamweaver-extensions/ecart

There is not an alternative to storing the credit card details.

david

eCart Update 6.1.0 solved the local checkout server behavior for me

Hey Christopher, I wanted to let you know that I had the same problem with the "local checkout" server behaviors not being available. I upgraded to 6.1.0 to get the benefits of MySQLi and to my surprise the "local checkout" behaviors were available! I'm running CS6 on windows 8. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...