close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Using SecurityAssist or MySQLi Behavior to restrict access

Thread began 9/11/2014 12:40 pm by joerg431091 | Last modified 9/11/2014 1:33 pm by joerg431091 | 1344 views | 4 replies |

joerg431091

Using SecurityAssist or MySQLi Behavior to restrict access

Using DataAssist and SecurityAssist.

I am a little confused about what to do when it comes to creating new insert, update and delete pages as well as applying security to pages / restricting access to pages for users.

Should I still use the DataAssist Pages and the Security Assist - create security pages functionalities from Webassist or should I create those pages to insert, update and delete information in the database as well as restricting access using the new MySQLIi Server Behaviors series tutorials?

Looking at the new MySQLi tutorials for user authentication seems like that it is still easier to use the Security Assist functionality since I can apply those to several pages at the same time but I want to avoid to have everything changed over to MySQLi at least for the once that I am building going forward.

Any advise on this? Should I wait (if possible) until the DataAssist and SecurityAssist functionalities are compatible to MySQLi? What’s the best way to approach this?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Joerg

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

If your server still supports MySQL, than you should continue using Data Assist / Security Assist to create new projects.

The MySQLi server behaviors should be used if the server does not support the MySQL library.

we are working on upgrading Data Bridge for MySQLi support, but I don't have a time frame for when it will be released.

joerg431091

Thanks a lot Jason.

I have not really understand the complexity yet of changing from MySQL to MySQLi once MySQL will be deprecated. Once all tools are upgraded and working on MySQLi - do I pretty much have to start from scratch and apply everything I build with eCart and DataBridge for all websites again?

I am just trying to get an understanding of what is coming and whether it is a matter of changing some code in existing websites or changing the entire sites from scratch by building completely new checkout processes, insert update and result pages and security access pages.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Joerg

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It's too early to tell what the process will be for upgrading existing sites to use MySQli that where created with MySQL.

Ray is talking about creating an upgrade tool, but the feature set has not been finalized.

joerg431091

Thanks a lot Jason. I am sure you guys will figure out a way to do it as "painless" as possible.

Best,
Joerg

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...