close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can't login

Thread began 8/16/2014 12:11 pm by wbrooks199805 | Last modified 8/26/2014 6:56 am by Jason Byrnes | 3515 views | 14 replies |

wbrooks199805

Can't login with security assist

Can't login with password changed in admin section. Emails were moved to Office 365. The settings they are asking for are below. I have set up the smtp and the port but I don't know what TLS is and its not sending emails.

smtp.office365.com?
Port: 587?
Encryption method: TLS

Attached Files
Archive.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

for the login:

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

For the email, to use TLS encryption for sending the emails, you need to use the Pear Mail for SMTP method and pass authentication to the SMTP Server.

wbrooks199805

Info below.

I have never used PEAR so not sure how it works..What would be the path to pear? Is the username and password the email address and password for the sending email?

Under PM is the ftp, login in to admin and board member login

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you login page is set to use encryption, but the update page you are using is not encrypting the password on update.

You will need to contact the host for information on the path to pear to use and the user and password for authentication.

wbrooks199805

Thank you ..one more question..

Can you show me an example of Pear Mail for SMTP method and pass authentication to the SMTP Server? Having trouble getting that info from Mircosoft. I found this: http://www.saotn.org/authenticated-smtp-tlsscript-example-asp-php-aspnet-csharp-vbnet/#.U_dzk0uiqaY

The website is hosted on godaddy but the email is hosted on microsoft. The path comes from Microsoft?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm not sure what you want,

Pear would be installed on your host account.

the path to pear you need to get from your host.

sometimes it can be left blank depending on the hosting configuration.

wbrooks199805

Could it be

for username and password..the email address and its password? I need to get the email working the emails are set up here.

Server name: smtp.office365.com
Port: 587
Encryption method: TLS

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

[quote]for username and password..the email address and its password?[quote]

that is a question you should ask of the SMTP Server admin, I cant answer that. it may be the email address and associated password, but i have no way of knowing that for sure.

wbrooks199805

Thanks Jason!

appreciate the help!

wbrooks199805

Tried that

Hi Jason, I tried using the username and password of the email without a path to PEAR and I am getting a blank screen now on the randompassword page. The ftp info is above in this post. I am also going to talk to the tech guy from Microsoft this morning but so far, they don't know what PEAR to pathway is.

Also, Microsoft365 developers are not helping at all. They don't know what PEAR is and they think it should be on the godaddy server. The emails are routed to Microsoft365 and they say godaddy.com should have pear on their server. Is that true?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...