close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Not able to see most Server Behaviors

Thread began 8/12/2014 9:09 am by joerg431091 | Last modified 9/19/2014 11:20 am by Jason Byrnes | 2619 views | 11 replies |

joerg431091

Not able to see most Server Behaviors

I had to uninstall eCart6 and reinstall. Ever since I re-installed the most current version of eCart 6 i am not able to see most of the server behaviors in dreamweaver. In the confirm.php page for example I only see

WA Server Validations
eCart Object (eCart1)
Dynamic List/Menue (Card_Type)
Dynamic Text Field (Card_Number)
…. and the other dynamic list/menus and text fields

But I am missing for example the WA eCart Store Cart Summary in DB server behavior etc.

The same is the case with other pages that only show the eCart Object and dynamic list / menu or text in the server behavior window.

I uninstalled all extensions (eCart / Data Bridge / Designe Extender) and re-installed them without any success.

I have DataBridge 1.2.0 / Design Extender 1.1.9 / eCart 6.0.7 / MySQLi Server Behaviors 1.0.2 running at the moment.

Any ideas what might cause this?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

That would normally only happen if you have hand edited the server behaviors.

have you tried reseting the workspace layout:
go to Window -> Work Space layout -> Reset '<your layout name>'

and Delete the Dreamweaver Cache file from the users configuration folder:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Common-installation-issues

also try recreating the site cache:
Site -> Advanced -> Recreate Site Cache

joerg431091

Thanks Jason.

Unfortunately did not work. I again did uninstall and re-installed all extensions and as soon as I entered the serial number for e-cart lost connection to my database and now receive and unidentified error. I deleted the DW cache file and even the DW configuration folder. I also deleted/renamed the DW preference folder. Still does not work.

What is also strange that now if I try to establish a new Database - all I see is the option of a new MySQL connection despite having the MySQLi Server behavior installed which I believe should also see as an option.

Is there a specific way or order of installing each individual extension that I might have mixed up or anything else you can think of?

Best,
Joerg

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I deleted the DW cache file and even the DW configuration folder.

after deleting the configuration folder, you will need to install the extensions again. deleting the configuration folder will delete the extensions.

make sure you install the Deprecated server behaviors extensions and then install the others. there is not a specific order to instal in.

Justin@AdventDesign

I'm having a similar issue. Migrating to DW CC from DW 5.5. Working on a data assist update page. I've installed WA Data Bridge on CC. When I open the page in 5.5, I can see all the behaviors no problem. When opening in CC, NONE of the behaviors show in the behaviors pallet. Tried your suggestions above to no avail. Any other thoughts?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Do you have the same site defined in DW CC? The server behaviors will only show in the server behaviors panel if the page is a part of defined site.

Justin@AdventDesign

Yes. I imported the site in CC after exporting from 5.5, so all site settings should be identitical.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Please provide a Skype username or a US phone number and a good time to contact you when you will be in front of your computer and we will have an engineer contact you to resolve this issue over the phone.

We are available Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm EST (except major U.S. holidays).

Justin@AdventDesign

See private message

Justin@AdventDesign

See private message

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...