close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

When Import Web Page(s) used get error: TypeError: MM SiteToolsActivate function

Thread began 8/07/2014 11:47 am by doug.lemesurier305760 | Last modified 12/18/2014 11:02 am by Jason Byrnes | 2319 views | 8 replies |

doug.lemesurier305760

When use Import Web Page(s) I get this error: TypeError: MM SiteToolsActivate function

Design Extender 1.1.9
DW CS5

I've removed the cache and reset the workspace but I get this error every time.

Cheers,
Doug

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Try uninstalling Design Extender from the extension manager, then reinstall it.

when you open Dreamweaver, it should launch the WebAssist installer. if not, open a php page to trigger it.

when the WebAssist installer completes the installation, make sure to restart DW.

doug.lemesurier305760

Jason,

Gave that a go already and the installer triggered but I still get the error.
I had an earlier version of Design Extender, so I updated to 1.1.9 and thought that would fix the problem - no luck.
I cleared the cache file and reset the DW workspace - no luck.

The other WA extensions I have installed, if relevant, are:
DataAssist 2.1.0
Universal Email 4.0.1
SecurityAssist 2.0.5

Cheers,
Doug

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The other WA extensions I have installed, if relevant, are:
DataAssist 2.1.0
Universal Email 4.0.1
SecurityAssist 2.0.5  

Universal Email 4.0.1 and SecurityAssist 2.0.5 are a part of data Bridge, you should not have those installed as stand alones.

uninstall all extensions, the reinstall only Design Extender and Data Bridge, having UE and Security Assist installed is causing a conflict.

doug.lemesurier305760

I'll give it a go. Cheers

doug.lemesurier305760

It worked but now I don't have access to Universal Email and SecurityAssist. I removed them as instructed but, I don't have Data Bridge, I do have Data Assist. Is it okay to re-install Universal Email and SecurityAssist

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you would need to uninstall all extensions, then install the older extensions, security assist, Universal Email and Data Assist, then install Design Extender last.

asnw0764437428

Design Extender constant errors

Ok I have followed the above several times now even resorting to manually removing any remainder files or folders from all webassist extensions. Final time installed the following extensions in date order. Oldest being the first installed and the newest ie Design Extender 1.2.0 being the last.
At each installation point after completing the serial number and activating, resetting the the default classic view then quiting DW and deleting the winfilecache each time. Slowly error messages disappear as each extension is installed, except for Design Extender when attempting to use Site Import

On Windows 7 Pro 64bit / DW CS4 using
Extensions installed in date order:
CSS Form Builder 1.0.2
Universal Email 4.0.1
DataAssist 2.1.0
eCart 5.0.7
Design Extender 1.2.0

And the errors I receive are:

At line 22 of file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS4\Configuration|Floaters\WA_SiteTools_ProgressV2.js":theDOM has no properties

* The following Javascript error(s) occurred:
Unable to open script file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS4\Configuration\WA_Installer\Library2\WA_Configuration.js" (error 3).

Site Import
Panel 282 could not be created. Removing it from the list.
Panel 285 could not be created. Removing it from the list.

Error in button onClick:
TypeError: MM.SiteToolsActivate is not a function

Now considering at one time there were far more extensions installed before Design Extender came along with far less if none at all issues. The only ones that I know regularly work in design extender are Google Maps and the Social buttons.

Any suggestions on this to a fix, as this is the first time I have attempted to use the Site Import section of design extender which has resulted in the above.
Also note that the error marked with *. If I create a folder called Library2 and duplicate the contents of the folder called Library those related errors go away???
To be honest pulling my hair out with this. I put up with the first 2 errors for a while but now its taking the P***!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Please provide a Skype username or a US phone number and a good time to contact you when you will be in front of your computer and we will have an engineer contact you to resolve this issue over the phone.

We are available Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm EST (except major U.S. holidays).

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...