close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

form emails not coming through

Thread began 8/03/2014 7:44 pm by vered435903 | Last modified 8/07/2014 9:42 am by vered435903 | 2039 views | 4 replies |

vered435903

form emails not coming through

Hello~

I recently added a very simple contact form to our website, but not all the emails are coming through. When I test it on my devices (safari and firefox on both my work and home macs, an iphone, and an android), the emails come through. However, the form doesn't seem to be working for anyone else....

When I tested it on my android, the site had never been opened so there was no cache. My firefox is set to delete the cache, history, and passwords upon closing. Safari and my iphone both save browsing data. So there doesn't seem to be a common thread as to why this isn't working...

Here's the page: http://www.prodew.com/info/contact.php

Thanks!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

When I test it on my devices (safari and firefox on both my work and home macs, an iphone, and an android), the emails come through. However, the form doesn't seem to be working for anyone else....  

where it is working for your address but not working for others, this is a problem on the SMTP server end refusing to relay the message to some addresses.

a couple things to double check:

- In Universal Email, make sure to set the From address as a valid email for you domain. if you use a dynamic email address for the from address, many hosts will not send the email.

- you may need to check the option to pass the From Address as an extra parameter in the email server settings.

- Double check the SMTP Server name and port you are using, if you are not sure what to use, check with the host.

- If the host offers Pear Mail, you should look into using the Pear Mail for SMTP option in the server settings.

vered435903

Hello~

I still can't get the emails to come through.... when I send them from my work address, which is the same server where the site is hosted, the emails are coming through. But when I use an address from a different server, they don't come through. I added the smtp server, the port, and I checked the extra parameter box. The only thing I haven't tried yet is Pear Mail... Is that my last option? Or do you have another suggestion?

My email requires ssl authentication and a password; could that be the problem? I don't see how to add those settings in the UE wizard...

Thanks for your help!

Update:

I've been doing some research and haven't been too successful. The site with the contact form is hosted on yahoo and I can't find any recent posts on your forums or anywhere else on the internet with current smtp settings. I called yahoo and they gave me this page:
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN20671.html?impressions=true
I don't want to try and integrate their script into yours without your assistance.

They don't support PEAR. But their smtp requires ssl, a username, and a password. I don't see how to include those options in your wizard without using PEAR.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

There are 2 options in Universal Email:

Mail - this uses the php mail() function which sends through sendmail. the mal() funciton does not support SSL, or authentication

Pear Mail for SMTP - this option allows you to pass a user name and password and use SSL To connect to the mail server.

Pear Mail is the only option in Universal Email that will work for this host if they require authentication.

The page they sent a link to is a pearl script, not php.

vered435903

Hello~

I got it, and I feel really silly.... it was the From email address.... the first thing on your troubleshooting list and the first thing I tried, but I guess at some point I defaulted back to the dynamic address without realizing it....

Problem solved! Thanks, as always, for your excellent tech support!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...