close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

User Update page does not work.

Thread began 4/16/2014 2:10 am by denizarsan | Last modified 4/16/2014 12:17 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1581 views | 7 replies |

denizarsan

User Update page does not work.

When I create Security pages, UserUpdate page, does not function. When the fields are all filled and the UPDATE button pressed, I get the error "Email already exists" as if it is not an update page, but a registration page ?
I attaced the page so that you may have a look ?

Attached Files
userupdate.php
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It looks like you have run the security assist wizard multiple times.

the update page has 3 instances of the Server validation and 3 instances of the update record behavior.
this will happen if you run the wizard multiple times without deleting the pages that where created the first time.

I recommend a fresh start, delete the security assist pages, then run the security assist wizard again to create new copies of the pages and test.

if you still have problems with a fresh copy of the registration page, I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

denizarsan

with a fersh new document, problem solved thanks :)

with a fersh new document, problem solved thanks :)

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

denizarsan

yet not finished :) I have a problem with inserting profile picture on the userupdate page.

This time I have a problem with inserting profile picture on the userupdate page. I read a post from you decribing how to do this but I didnt quite get all the steps.

You said in your post that;
"add a column to the users table to hold the image name.

Security Assist will create a page to update the user record, add a file field to the form on that page. add the upload file behavior, this will create a new binding group on the bindings panel named WA UPlaoded Files (<file field name>), this binding group will have a binding for Server File Name

You then need to edit the Update record server behavior that is on that page, and bind the image column to the Server file name binding."

I added a column on my table on the database. ( but it is not linked to anything, and dont know how to link the uploaded picture place to the database and how to link the column to the user itself.

I added the upload section and upload behavior on my userupdate page. The picture can be uploaded in the folder on the server with no mistake. But As I said I do not know how to link the picture to the user and the table on the database.

From the bindings menu , I couldnt see any groups named WA UPlaoded Files , I am sending the picture of my Bindings panel :(.

As I am very new to these things and can get copnfused so quickly, I would appreciate a detailed - step by step if possible instructions on how to complete the process. :) ( "xxx fro Dummies" like instructions for me will be a gold star if you could spare time :))) )

Thanks again :D

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yur screen shot shows a Binding group called Uploaded Files (upload) this binding group contains the server file name variable to use in the insert behavior.

see this tutorial for details on adding file upload to data Bridge insert and update pages:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Add-file-fields-to-Data-Bridge-insert-update-pages

the security assist registration and user update pages are basically Data Bridge insert and update pages.

denizarsan

Insert page

Sorry and ashamed to ask that, but where is the "Insert Page" mentioned in the tutorial; if it is DataAssist Create Pages, I still couldnt follow the steps as it is not the same as on the tutorial ?

"From the Dreamweaver Files panel, open your Data Bridge Insert page.
Select the field you want to replace with a file upload field.
From the Properties Inspector, select the ID for that form field."

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the case of the registration, the registration is an insert page.

on the registration page, you enter information that is then inserted to the database.

so for security assist pages, the registration is an insert page and the user update page is an update page.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...