close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Menu problems

Thread began 8/21/2009 6:44 am by p.woodall208922 | Last modified 8/21/2009 5:32 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1163 views | 1 replies |

p.woodall208922

Menu problems

I am getting a menu error (see CaptureMenuError) which appears when I try to login from my index page. That said I cannot understand why a login sequence appears to be trying to link to a products database. (see Capture ErrorCode). I would have thought the users one was a better bet.

I have got the databases loaded on the server and have "registered" I received a confirmation email and a verification one each asking me to "follow" this link
users_Confirm.php?ID=1&code=MbSke5DyMLs7A2bgk9D5 but it is not a hyperlink in either email. Am I supposed to copy and paste this into my Browser? Or should it be a hyperlink?

I am also concerned as to the menu structures per se. I uploaded a menu, I made in CSSMenuMaker) into PowerStore. I did this into both the index and main template and it currently shows as I want it to do. (see www.valencia-bed-breakfast.co.uk)

How do I integrate the menus that Power Store already has. If I do not, I presume, that I shall have to make links myself to the various pageI need to link to. Or is just the inclusion of your Login and Register buttons (see top left hand corner) sufficient?

What are"tags" to this thread?

I find your Capcha Image very hard to read a lot of the time - something more simplistic would suffice I feel. (The colours and the characters blend to readily)

Regards

Peter

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

That function is defined in the WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php file. make sure that the following is near line one of your login page:

<?php require_once( "WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php" ); ?>

The power store pages are connected to a template. along the left hand side, it will show the products available from the products table.

The login itself will connect to the Users table, this error is not occurring on the login process though.

The registration email is configured as a plain text email. This is to combat the possibility of the email being trapped in a spam filter. Most modern Email clients like Thunderbird or even gmail will parse the URL and display it as a link, in some email clients, though, it will not be displayed as a link. In this case, you will need to copy and paste it to your browsers window.

If you have Menu Writer v2, you can edit the power store store menu and add links to the pages you add.

You have full controll over how the captcha looks by modifying the following setting in the WA_Globals:
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Width = "255" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Height = "40" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Characters = "5" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Font = "Fonts/MOM_T___.TTF" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_BG = "F0F0F0" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Noise = "F0F0F0" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Text = "000000" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_BG_transparent = "0" ;

you can change the background an noise to something with more contrast, like:
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_BG = "3399CC" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Noise = "FF0000" ;

Play with those colors to come up with whatever works for you.

See the color chart here for reference:
websafe/

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...