close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

out of memory error

Thread began 8/20/2009 3:50 pm by edrosenthal350859 | Last modified 8/24/2009 3:23 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2625 views | 3 replies |

edrosenthal350859

out of memory error

error: While executing onClic in WA Universal Email.htm ...
at line 928 of the file...WA_GeneralUI.js
out of memory

I have uninstalled validation , css form builder, universal email and re-installed
fresh clean copy of the new css form builder and universal email.
i've removed the win cache .dat file once.
I am using CS3 on an xp and haven't seen an out of memory error before.
I put on this php page the basic css form, ran the client validation behavior and now
want to set up the email behavior.
I was able to enter tab data until i get to DW edit, and that's where trouble begins.
and ends. I've had to cold boot and reset my machine, because its not just DW that is
hosed, its the whole machine. Any suggestions to make this work appreciated.
very much. any other suggestions besides what i have already tried? in a different order?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I am not able to reproduce this error with a clean installation of Universal Email and CSS Form Builder.

Your configuration folder may have become corrupted. You can rename the configuration folder to have Dreamweaver recreate it. Close Dreamweaver and go to:

C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User Name>\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9

(Please note that <Your User Name> Should be replaced with the User name you use to log into your computer)

Rename the configuration folder to configuration_back. This will have the effect of disabling all of the installed extensions. You should open the extension manager and remove all extensions to clear the extension mangers cache. After removing the extensions you can then reinstall them making sure to download the latest versions from your order history.

NOTE:
The Application Data folder may be set to be hidden.

To View Hidden Folders in Windows XP:
1) On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options.
2)Click the View tab.
3) Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.

edrosenthal350859

making progress, but now no email

Well last week was a total waste but now i seem to be able to start getting a handle on it.
After twice throwing out the mxp extensions and twice throwing out the %appdata$/adobe DW9 Configuration folders, ( not that it was necessary but there was improvement in not getting the out of memory error, so there might be a causal link there...), i then put in the php dump code and got some email. Of course that was just a mid step in trying to see if i could get DWedit to work properly, but taking things one little step at a time. I then threw out the php code, and went back in to DWedit, and set things up more nicely. And sat back to wait for the email, which never came.
So now i have to ask is there something else i should have removed by looking at the code in the page besides removing the php dump code? Or what about the client validation i am doing on the page ( under the heading CSS Form builder client validation ). Is there a causal connection between what shows up in the email and what has been validated?
I am validating everything on the form now, i think. even so, i should have gotten some email right? I didn't get bad post on the return either.
steps i am taking css form builder on php page, client validation, then the universal email.
what code should i be looking to find on the page to remove on these steps, or is it just safer to rebuild the entire page at each attempt. of course all this persistance has a downside, i could remodel my home faster than this is happening...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll need to look into the code on your page. I have created a tech support ticket s you can send the pages that you have created. To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history at the following URL:
supporthistory.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...