close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Paypal failing on confirm to own website - but only for some users/shipping info not transferring

Thread began 3/12/2014 8:22 pm by Sylvia | Last modified 3/17/2014 8:50 am by Jason Byrnes | 2051 views | 7 replies |

Sylvia

Paypal failing on confirm to own website - but only for some users/shipping info not transferring

Using eCart6.

I have asked a number of people to test that my setup to Paypal Express Checkout is working - after a lot of moving and adjusting of code it works for me on all browsers, works for one other person on IE and FF, correctly ending on checkout_success.php, sending the confirmation email and inserting data into the orders table.

For everyone else, the process fails after they have successfully completed their details on PayPal and click continue to redirect to the originating website for completion, where it ends on cart.php with the message "cart is empty" - which suggests to me that it's not the paypal transaction that's failing, but something in eCart.

I'm beyond frustrated as I can't see how it can be a browser or server issue when it works perfectly for some and not for others.

Secondary (?) information, which also needs to be resolved - shipping information is not prepopulating paypal shipping form (not that I can find out whether it is even supposed to), nor is it showing on confirmation page or email. I have changed form field bindings to pre-populate with database info after users login, and wonder if that is the issue there.

I'm already a week overdue with this job and a speedy resolution would help a lot - thanks.

Checkout pages are attached privately.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Please provide a Skype username or a US phone number and a good time to contact you when you will be in front of your computer and we will have an engineer contact you to resolve this issue over the phone.

We are available Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm EST (except major U.S. holidays).

Sylvia

Thanks Jason, I am available today from 11.30am NZDT. See pm for skype name.

Sylvia

I'm very confused by your two different time availabilities (9-4 EST in your message, and 9-5 PST on your help page) so will just say that I'm available NZDT Saturday 15th March between 8.30am to 8.30pm, if you can give me around 30 mins prior notice of a time. Urgent help would be much appreciated.

Please refer to yesterday's pm for skype details.

thanks
Sylvia

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I am on the East Coat, web Assist main Offices are on the West Coast, my availability is 9-4 EST

Sylvia

see pm

Sylvia

Hi again Jason, I have found some more anomalies in the code that could be causing the problem(s). I will get back to you when I have made the changes needed and let you know whether I still need help.

Thanks
Sylvia

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

OK, send a message through skype is you still need help.

For the issue you are reporting where some users are getting a failure on directing back from paypal, this is probably a case of domain switching.

when items are added to the cart, they are stored in a session.

If the user browses to your site using the domain name without www in front and starts adding items:
http://mydomain.com/shop.php

and is then redirected to the pp_confirm page with www in front of the address:

http://www.mydomain.com/pp_confirm.php

this is considered 2 separate domains and 2 separate sessions. to prevent this, you can use htaccess to force the address to always point to www:
http://www.htaccessbasics.com/force-www-nonwww-domain/

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...