close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

rsobj.setparams is not a function error when creating security pages with data assist

Thread began 3/06/2014 5:58 pm by william | Last modified 3/10/2014 6:47 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1226 views | 5 replies |

william

rsobj.setparams is not a function error when creating security pages with data assist

I am trying to create security pages with register user, login, manage account, forgotten password, logout.

When Webassist does its thing and writing the code and the pages I get:

Error in applyRecordsetSB:
rsObj.setParams is not a function

is this a bug and it kind of works after that but theres more than a few bugs in the code such as not being able to validate unique emails etc

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What version of Data Bridge is installed?

Make sure that you have the most recent version, 1.1.8. If you have a previous version installed, make sure to uninstall it from the extension manager before installing the newer one.

Also, what version of Dreamweaver are you using? if you are using DW CC, make sure that you have installed the deprecated server behaviors extension:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Server-behaviors-for-Dreamweaver-Creative-Cloud

william

I am using Dreamweaver CC with version 1.1.8 of Data Bridge, I have installed depreciated server behaviors extension when I first installed Data Assist too, from Adobe.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What other extensions are isntalled, including the version numners.

have you tried unisntalling Data Bridge, then reinstallaing it?

also try Deleting the Dreamweaver Cache file from the users configuration folder:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Common-installation-issues

william

I solved it, I did reinstall everything fresh but it still didnt work, then looked at other deprecated files in adobe and installed them too and suddenly ive had little problems, my only issue now is that the automatic send mail function in security assist for forgottenpasswords, doesnt work but thats probably my fault if the settings are wrong

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Who is your host?

Depending on your host, you may need to set certain options in Universal Email.

Some hosts will work if you leave the SMTP Server setting on the Email Server Tab blank, others will require that you enter the SMTP server address.

Some will work using the standard Mail protocol, other will require that you use the Pear Mail for SMTP, some using Pear mail will require authentication.

Some hosts may require that the from address being used be a valid email address for your domain. Some may require that the option to include the from Email address be passed as an extra parameter.

To be successful with Universal Email, you will need to know the requirements of your host for sending an email using a PHP script.

Also, double check your Spam folder, it is possible that the email is being trapped as spam.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...