close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

ISSUE WITH DATAASSIST EXTENSION CRASHING

Thread began 3/04/2014 3:48 am by Solis Web Design And Hosting | Last modified 3/04/2014 8:36 am by Jason Byrnes | 560 views | 1 replies |

Solis Web Design And Hosting

ISSUE WITH DATAASSIST EXTENSION CRASHING

I don't understand why this extension in some cases runs good and saves time but in other cases it's crash friendly...

For some reason it crashes when i create results pages and some times it even does it when i create insert pages as well..

Saving time is when it doesn't crash.....saving time is when i spend time working and not re-starting Dreamweaver ...

It''s a good thing that now it has a recovery mode because when it decides to crash it does it continuously

I have attached an image and this was while creating a result page.... before it crashed when creating a insert page..

3 crashes for three pages....this is extremely frustrating which is why i have taken the time to write this email..

In fact i was in a web seminar with one of your technical guys and he crashed in the same way running a ecart demo....hmm..

he even said that they would look into this but it still crashing since version 1 and i know this cause i have had this extension since then

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

usually when Data Bridge crashes from the wizard, it is a result of a memory leak in Dreamweaver. We are trying to find a way to prevent the crash from happening as Ray mentioned in the eCommerce webinar last month, but we do not have a fix as of yet.

here are some things that sometimes help prevent it:

- Close the Files panel and the Server behaviors panel before starting the wizard
- Disable the preview. Go to WebAssist -> Preferences. in the preview section, select the option to disable the preview.
- If DW and the OS have been running for a while, it sometimes help to restart the computer and Delete the Dreamweaver Cache file from the users configuration folder:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Common-installation-issues

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...