close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Captcha validation not working

Thread began 3/02/2014 3:10 pm by nkajmowicz432119 | Last modified 3/06/2014 11:47 am by nkajmowicz432119 | 3694 views | 12 replies |

nkajmowicz432119

Captcha validation not working

Hello,

I have created a form using form builder, the captcha image is showing fine, but the validation is not working.
Other form elements are being validated correctly.

Here is a link to the form http://skysoaring.com/newmemberapp.php

I also attached the php files

Also when viewing the page live it says "undefined" on the top..why is this? This does not show up when viewing the site on the testing server.

Any assistance to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files
newmemberapp.php
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you have multiple instances of the Server Validation server behavior on this page, only one should be on the page. I would suggest removing all but the first instance of the server validation server behavior from the page, then edit that one to add the validations for the form to that first instance rather having multiple instances.

nkajmowicz432119

RE: Captcha validation not working

Thanks for the reply..I did as you suggested. I decided to just start new and created a new page and reinserted the form (I had saved as a preset, edited from a default contact form) and then tried to reapply the captcha validation and again I am having the same issues. Other areas of the form will validate while the captcha will accept any answer.

here is link to the current form http://skysoaring.com/nmapplication.php

I am applying the validation from the
-webassit menu
-forms
-server validation

-validation trigger: "any form post"
-validation type: "like entry"
Server variable: Session: lists 2 options
captcha_security_code_1
captha_security_code_2

I select "Captcha_security_code_1

-Server validation like entry_ "Captcha"

I have also tried to insert a captcha in a different website and still am unable to get it to validate.

Can you offer any other advice?
Thanks!

Attached Files
nmapplication.php

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It looks like your Form Preset already includes captcha, there is no need to add it again.

If the captcha is not working when the form is initially created, adding another server validation instance wont fix it.

Recreate the form using the preset again, you shouldn't need to add captcha, it should already be there.

My Bet is that your server is not setting sessions properly. use the attached session test file to test the servers ability to save sessions. if the test fails, you will need to contact the host to correct the problem, it is most likely a bad session.save_path setting in the php.ini file.

nkajmowicz432119

Oh okay I did not realize the form preset includes the security validation.

I appreciate your help, I am fairly new with both web building and webassist. I did not see any attachments on the last post, can you explain a little more about the session test file, or where I can find it?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

My Apologies, i forgot to attach it, here it is.

Attached Files
sessionTest.php.zip

nkajmowicz432119

I ran the test and the test was successful, Result: Session Test = test and the session ID did not change..I am stumped, the rest of the form fields with validation are working correctly, and the security fields will accept any answer, but does give me an error message if I leave it blank..

Could this have something to do with where the webassist folder is stored? By default the webassist folder and spryassest folder are saved outside of the folder containing all of the site pages.

Previously I moved both the webassist and spryassests folder to the folder that contains the page files, but when I make any edits the files are saved again out side the folder with my pages, and these are the files being updated when I make any changes, so there are duplicates of both folders, could this be causing the captcha and security questions to not validate correctly?

http://skysoaring.com/ssapplication.php

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you should not move the webassist files, they will be created at the site root, and they should be left there.

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

nkajmowicz432119

Okay thanks info is in private message

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

For some reason, the submit button was not being included with the form information.

I edited the trigger for validation and the email to use any form post rather than the submit button.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...