close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

GoDaddy form mailer no longer available

Thread began 2/27/2014 10:35 am by MrProDesignWebsites | Last modified 3/03/2014 12:43 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3324 views | 10 replies |

MrProDesignWebsites

GoDaddy form mailer no longer available

I just purchased hosting through Godaddy. They no longer offer a built in form mailer. They used to have a feature on their older hosting programs where you would supply the destination email address on their hosting setup page. When a form on your website was submitted it would go to that email address. I have the "Design Suite" which includes Form Builder. Does Form Builder include a form mailer that will mail forms on GoDaddy websites? Where and how do I enable it if it has this capability?

Thanks in advance.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Super Suite includes Universal Email which can be used for sending emails.

In the UE settings, set the SMTP Server to use:
relay-hosting.secureserver.net
and the port to 25

make sure to use a valid email address for the website domain as the from address.

see the Universal Email getting started guide for details:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Getting-Started-with-Universal-Email

MrProDesignWebsites

Is there anything else that needs to be enabled on the hosting side? I followed your instructions and located Universal Email 1 located inside server behaviors. I double click it and am able to configure the server and port.

I tried setting SMTP Server to either:
SMTPServer: relay-hosting.secureserver.net
SMTPServer: smtp-secureserver.net
tried both set to port 25.

I upload all of the files that change as a result of this to the hosting site. I test on the Godaddy based site and all appears to function including the redirect page as if it sent email but does not. Am I missing something basic?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What did you enter for the to address?

What did you use for the from address?

the from address needs to be a valid email address for the domain.

to trouble shoot, add the following code on the success page in the body:

<?php @session_start(); var_dump($_SESSION); ?>

this will write the session contents to the page including the status of the email.

post a link where i can see this please.

also, the email may be in a spam folder, so don't forget to check your spam folder.

MrProDesignWebsites

To: jolene@mydragonflyphotos.com
See attached JPG file from adding the troubleshooting code on the success page.

I checked the SPAM folder - nothing there.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The to and from addresses cannot be the same. the SMTP server will not relay the email if you use the same address for both to and from.

MrProDesignWebsites

That was the problem! I set the "to:" address to be a different email address and all works.
Thank you!

MrProDesignWebsites

It seems that the "to" and "from" email addresses can't be from the same domain? I created a new email account called form-mailer at the same domain. It works with any email address as long as its from a different domain. Is there a way to deal with this? The person to receive the form mail owns the domain name and both email accounts are within the domain mydragonflyphotos.com

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This would be an issue with the Go Daddy SMTP server. for so,e reason the Go Daddy SMTOP server is not relaying the email if the from and to address are on the same domain. You would need to have Go Daddy correct this problem.

MrProDesignWebsites

I contacted GoDaddy support about this and they were able to set a rule to ignore the MX record for the domain. Apparently by default when GoDaddy SMTP sends it looks to the MX record to make sure it is different. It was a fairly straightforward and quick fix - just needed to know what to ask for. This was very helpful and educational - thanks for all your help!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...