close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Login and coupon code (cache?)

Thread began 2/21/2014 11:32 am by Vantine Music | Last modified 2/26/2014 9:20 am by Jason Byrnes | 3320 views | 7 replies |

Vantine Music

Login and coupon code (cache?)

Two more issues while testing (usedpianomusic.com)

(1) I created a user account on the store site to make test purchases, and every time I sign out the site "forgets" my password. I have reset it three times and it doesn't seem to store it or something. I've tried it using Chrome and Firefox.

(2) In Chrome after I signed out of my test account and after using a coupon code (which worked successfully), it seems to be retaining the code and adjusting ALL the items globally showing each item on sale at 10% off (the coupon code was 10%). I switched over to Firefox and it wasn't showing this error, but I didn't get to test it further since I was having trouble with item (1) above.

UPDATE: I just tested the login issue again on both web browsers and it appears that the issue occurs AFTER placing an order and then logging out. Before doing so, I logged in and out about five times on each browser platform and no issue. As soon as I placed an order and the logged out, I couldn't log back in with the same password.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

see pm

Vantine Music

See PM

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Thank you for reporting this issue... we have updated the logout page to clear any coupons. Let us know if you run into any more issues.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Vantine Music

Thank you, Ray. It appears the inventory calculation issue I posted separately has been fixed as well. Not sure if that was something on your end or my end.

Anyway, I am still having an issue with logging in to an account setup on the site after placing an order. As I stated earlier in this post, I created a user account on the store site to make test purchases, and every time I sign out AFTER placing an order the site "forgets" my password. I have to then reset it in order to gain access to the site with a customer account. I've tried it using Chrome and Firefox. I can log in and out any number of times without a problem BEFORE I place an order. As soon as I placed an order and then log out, I can't log back in with the same password. I can reset to the same password, too so the site doesn't tell me that the password has already been used (not sure if that's a feature, but I would think so if I'm using the same password to reset the login). I have been waiting since last Friday to launch this site and I want to be sure this last issue is fixed before doing so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Ray made an update to the checkout process that should fix the logout issue.

Vantine Music

Seems to be working now. Thank you!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...