close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

WA_SecurityAssist/WA_RandomPassword.php doesn't exist

Thread began 8/20/2009 7:41 am by 360876 | Last modified 9/16/2009 9:00 am by Jason Byrnes | 3395 views | 6 replies |

WA_SecurityAssist/WA_RandomPassword.php doesn't exist

I followed the online tutorials (video) for SA and everything seemed to go fine. After double and triple checking; I can't seem to figure it out.

When I try to view my page visitors_EmailPW.php - it gives my the following error:

Warning: require_once(../WA_SecurityAssist/WA_RandomPassword.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\GHCN\Login\visitors_EmailPW.php on line 3

I looked - this page doesn't exist anywhere. In the tutorial, I had to generate the "New Password" page. As I followed the tutorial (Updating Send Password (Interactive Tutorial)) it appeared that is was using the ..._EmailPW.php page as the "Forgot Password" page and that after completion of the tutorial, it would be able to send a random password to someone who forgot their password.

With that being said, I modified the WA produced visitors_EmailPW.php page while following the tutorial. Was that correct? OR Was I suppose to generate a new page for the random password page and save it as "RandomPassword.php" and save it in the WA_SecurityAssist folder?

I'm not sure where I go from here. Thanks for the help . . . you guys always get us back on track.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I am sending a copy of the needed file for you to place in the WA_SecurityAssist folder.

Attached Files
securityAssistFiles.zip

Fixed!

Thanks - the file made it work perfectly. Evidently I missed adding that file somewhere along the way!

jw291405

Interesting! We are not at the point of using this feature yet, so we never got this error. This post prompted me to look for those files in our folder, but for some reason we do not have them either. Can someone please tell me why we do not have them?
Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

They will not be created until you use either the Random Password or Encryption functions. If you have not used those functions, they would not have been created.

jw291405

Many thanks, Jason!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...