close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

pp_confirm.php blank page

Thread began 2/19/2014 8:56 am by andrew396971 | Last modified 3/04/2014 6:00 am by Jason Byrnes | 1675 views | 5 replies |

andrew396971

pp_confirm.php blank page

I am using eCart 6 and have selected to use only PayPal Express (UK).
From the cart page I proceed to the checkout page that includes a shipping form and order confirmation. I fill in the shipping form and hit the continue button, this takes me to PayPal and I select to pay by card, I then fill in another shipping form and click to continue.

I am then returned to the pp_confirm.php page of my site and this page is blank. This is where I am not understanding what is supposed to happen. PayPal has already handled the transaction and I receive a confirmation email from PayPal to this effect. If as I have read, the customer is returned to the site to then confirm shipping costs and tax, something is not quite right as the transaction has already been completed. I have an orders and orderdetails table in the database but no information gets stored here.

I have run the wizard several times, have the latest version of eCart but cannot get this blank pp_confirm.php to display anything and no order details go into the database.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Andrew

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This is a bug when using paypal express that was discovered yesterday, we will have an update to address the problem soon. I will update this thread when the update is available.

andrew396971

Hi Jason

Do you have any news on the update yet?
I also tried the PayPal Integrated Lightbox but when running the wizard I notice in brackets it says US only, I am using PayPal UK. If it does not work for the UK I think you should mention it in your marketing material.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, the 6.0.5 upgrade has been released, uninstall the previous version before installing the one in the extension manager.

It is by design that the pp confirm page will be blank, the work flow in eCart 6 is:

user files in checkout form, which calculates shipping, user is directed to paypal to checkout, they are directed to the pp_confirm page which processes the transaction and goes to the success or failure page.

I have forwarded your comments about the lightbox to the marketing department.

andrew396971

Just to confirm I have now installed the 6.0.5 upgrade and now all working.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

glad to hear it is working.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...