close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Validation tooltip does not display the Norwegian letters æ, ø and å

Thread began 2/07/2014 4:36 am by Rune Brynestad | Last modified 2/07/2014 10:32 am by Jason Byrnes | 2675 views | 3 replies |

Rune Brynestad

Validation tooltip does not display the Norwegian letters æ, ø and å

I have upgraded Data Bridge to the latest verson and received jquery validation instead of spry validation. I have noticed that the validation tooltip does not display the Norwegian letters æ, ø and å (see attached image). Also notice that the X to close the tooltip is replaced with ?

Do you have a workaround for this?

If you need to troubleshoot directly, see private message.

Regards
Rune

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the UTF-8 character set does not support all Norwegian characters.

you will need to HTML encode the ones that are not working:
http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/entities/latin1.html

you could change the character set to the Latin 1 character set, but that doesn't support all Norwegian characters either.

I am not aware of any 1 character set that does support all Norwegian characters.

the code for the close text was set to:
closeText: "?",

i changes it to:
closeText: "x",

Rune Brynestad

The UTF-8 character set fully support all Norwegian characters. I have used this character set for many years. For some reason they does not display correctly when I use them in a validation tooltip, but they looks perfect for the rest of the page. However, I was able to solve the problem by HTML encode the Norwegian characters used in the validation error messages.

Thanks for looking into this.

Regards
Rune

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

if i changed the character set of the page to latin 1, it shoed those characters but not others.

maybe it;s a jquery conflict with some characters, not sure, but HTML Encoding is the only way I could it show all characters correctly

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...