close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Adding Credit Card on Checkout

Thread began 1/29/2014 4:02 pm by bill173836 | Last modified 2/05/2014 3:05 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3273 views | 20 replies |

bill173836

Adding Credit Card on Checkout

I worked with Jason to address several eCart issues and he's been quite helpful. My store was not using the aspect that took the credit card information on their site but they wanted to add that. Talking with Jason he suggested I create all the files again using Paypal Payments Pro. Which I have done. The Paypal button still seems to work correctly but when I fill out the Credit Card information it fails. I'm attaching the file for you to see. Thanks.

You can see my demo store at http://www.awinninglook.com/store.html at the bottom is a test product that is 5¢

Attached Files
checkout.php
confirm.php
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

add the following code to the failure page just before the </body> tag, it will write the session contents to the page including the response from the gateway:

<?php @session_start(); var_dump($_SESSION); ?>

bill173836

Ok here is what I got.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

so the response back from paypal is:

Invalid ConfigurationThis transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration

you should contact paypal to determine why the account is not configured properly.

bill173836

Okay I followed up with Paypal. I can can complete a transaction and it debits my credit card. I doesn't however store anything in my database. On the confirm.php I don't see any server behavior that stores in the summary or the details.

Attached Files
confirm.php

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you will need to add those. go to the server behaviors tab, click the plus button and select eCart -> Data Base Manipulation to access them.

bill173836

Does the Paypal Pro version work with Paypal Advanced? Since you do the transaction on the site.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, PayPal Advanced is a separate API

Paypal Pro uses the Direct Payment and Express checkout API.

Paypal Advanced is a newer API, it is an option eCart 6.

bill173836

Okay, I'm planning on updating but I thought I'd wait until I get this site done. I do have one question on the confirm page. When the wizard built the page the success page now show a long Order number instead of the next number in the database. Is there a reason for this? I noticed that everything was put in the database but that information. Previously it was putting in Order Number: 1000 or 1001 or 1002 etc. Here is a screen capture of the image. I'd prefer the order scheme I had before.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

that is the session ID,

when you ran the checkout wizard, you didn't specify the option to save the order to the database, thats why the behavior was not added to the confirm page and is using the session ID. you can change this to use the session created by the store order summary.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...