close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart 6 Checkout Wizard pages not working

Thread began 1/28/2014 7:35 am by phil287111 | Last modified 1/28/2014 1:47 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1426 views | 3 replies |

phil287111

eCart 6 Checkout Wizard pages not working

After running the Checkout Wizard I find that things are very different than eCart 5 and the previous versions. The Checkout page does not have the section for payment (credit card) input but it does have a copy of the Cart page at the bottom. I tried using the new Insert Checkout Form button on the eCart toolbar and it does create the correct form fields for Billing Address, Shipping Address and Paymernt. I then added the PayPal Payments Advanced code using the new button on the toolbar, but this does not create the Confirm page or the other pages that the wizard creates. The only reason I upgraded to version 6 was to get the PayPal Payments Advanced functionality that was missing in version 5. Is there any way to create the Checkout, Confirm, Success, Failure pages without all the fancy form styling, Ajax, etc.? I have to get this project out the door ASAP.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

before running the checkout wizard, delete the existing checkout pages.

In the checkout wizard, uncheck the option to "Enable in context Checkout" to not use the ajax checkout.

on the form design page, select to use the new For m Blank design if you dont want any of the styling applied.

the checkout for on the checkout page wont contain the credit card input fields, that will be added to the confirm page instead.

phil287111

I tried what you suggested, Jason, and it still does not work:
1) I still get the cart page contents at the bottom of the page right after the Continue button. Are they supposed to be there?
2) After filling out the Billing and Shipping info and clicking Continue I do not get the opportunity to enter credit card info. I just get a Transaction Not Complete message.
Here is the link to the site if it helps:
http://www.brightvisionwheels.com/index1.php

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

1) Yes, they are supposed to be there.

2) that means there is a problem with the api credentials you entered during the checkout wizard

go to WebAssist -. eCart -> Payment gateway Credentials, check the Debug mode option, that will write the session contents to the failure page and include details on why the transaction is failing.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...