close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

"Got packets out of order" Message When Previewing

Thread began 1/26/2014 2:25 pm by M2Media | Last modified 1/27/2014 1:30 pm by Jason Byrnes | 35995 views | 9 replies |

M2Media

"Got packets out of order" Message When Previewing

When previewing an eCart page I created, Safari displays nothing more on the page than:
J 5.5.33 nh>=Vy"6ÿ÷€)j[j&xNYX-s}mysql_native_password!ÿ„#08S01Got packets out of order

Firefox:
J???
5.5.33?
???t!Cly;V"?ÿ÷?€??????????BdU]P\\:MR6T?mysql_native_password?!??ÿ„#08S01Got packets out of order

Chrome:
(doesn't show anything)

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Sounds like a probelm with the details int he database connection file.

double check the correct Host, Username, password and database name are entered. the error sounds like the hostname is not correct.

M2Media

Thank you for your assistance.

I set all of this up with the fabulous WebAssist online tutorials. For setting up the test server I used: Web development tutorial: Set up a test server on Mac OS

It tells me:
Step 2: Test the PHP Installation
You should test your PHP Installation to make sure everything is set up for you to load PHP pages on your local computer.
Navigate back to the http://localhost/MAMP/page you were at before.
Click the phpInfo option from the top navigation.

This page displays the login credentials for your MySQL database. The username (SuperUser), ‘root’ is created for you automatically and is the username you can use for accessing your MySQL database or creating a database connection.

If you see a PHP page similar to this, you have completed setting up your PHP/MySQL testing server.

So in the phpMyAdmin tad, I see User 'root'@'localhost'

And, in the Start tab I see:
Host: localhost
Port: 3306
User: root
Password: root

Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong?

I'm under the impression that I've attached the php file. It showed me the spinning gear after I clicked Choose but I'm not seeing an acknowledgement that it's attached. If you think you need it and it's not here I'll get it to you by another method.

Many many thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I dont see a file attached.

when you get the error, you are using a local address in the browser?

M2Media

Yep. http://localhost:3306/php_test/00128-02/00128-02-ecart-launch.php

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you should not need the port in the address:

http://localhost/php_test/00128-02/00128-02-ecart-launch.php

port 3306 is for the mySQL server, the web browser cannot connect directly to the mySQLQ Server.

it needs to connect to the apache server, the apache server will then connect to the mySQL Server.

M2Media

AH HA!

http://localhost/00128-02/00128-02-ecart-launch.php did the trick.

I wonder where Dw was getting the rest of the stuff when I tried to Preview in Browser?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

DW will get the server address form the Web URL setting int he testing server section of the site definition. you must have included the port number there.

M2Media

Yep. adobe.com has a tutorial on setting up a testing server which says, "If you’re using the MAMP default ports, the Web URL should be http://localhost:8888/php_test/." They must have meant it figuratively.

Many thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

port 8888 may be assigned to the apache server, but port 3304 will always be assigned to the mysql server.

your problem was that you used the MySQL server port.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...