close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart 6 not creating database tables

Thread began 1/20/2014 7:41 am by YellowCircleWeb | Last modified 1/20/2014 2:49 pm by Jason Byrnes | 728 views | 3 replies |

YellowCircleWeb

eCart 6 not creating database tables

I have tried several times to use the checkout wizard in ecart 6 without success - every time I reach the confirm page I get an error message stating the database table orders has not been found, which is because the eCart wizard isn't creating the tables. I've triple checked the connection settings are right and the tables are being listed in Dreamweaver - and they are. I have tried using both the default-remote and powerstore settings with the same result.

If you can provide a list of the fields needed in the order tables I will create them manually.

There are also bugs with the tooltip validation - it always says I need to enter the 10 digit phone number, even after I have entered the 10 digit phone number correctly.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the order and order details from the eCommerce database should work:

http://www.webassist.com/community/tutorials/view_tutorial.php?tid=101

I have logged a bug to have the issue corrected, we should have an update to address it soon.

I have not been able to reproduce the problem with the phone number validation, can you provide a link where i can see the problem and a copy of the page please.

YellowCircleWeb

Thanks Jason,

I've been carrying out several tests on this on different machines thinking it may be a glitch on my office laptop, but it appears that eCart just doesn't create the database tables - also there's text on the wizard screen relating to this that says something like "eCart can create the tables for you from a preset, if you want to have it do this click the use preset checkbox" (that was paraphrased) but there's no checkbox on that screen, only the preset drop-downs for default local/remote, powerstore or sage and I've tried different ones.

The issue of the css validation tooltip isn't a big one because we wouldn't use those anyway on the final site so if you can't reproduce the bug maybe it was something I was doing wrong? It would be nice too if we had the option NOT to use these css tootips and just use the default HTML 5 field validations.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, i understand the preset is not creating the tables, i have logged a bug for this, we should be able to have it corrected shortly.

in the mean time, you should be able to use the tables from the eCommerce database.

I have not been able to reproduce the issue with the phone number validation, if you want me to take a look at it, I'll need a link. for the suggestion of not including the tool tips, please post your suggestion here:
http://www.webassist.com/community/feedback/dashboard.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...