close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

gallery content not displaying

Thread began 11/03/2013 6:30 am by Jamie | Last modified 11/05/2013 1:59 pm by Jamie | 4081 views | 17 replies |

Jamie

gallery content not displaying

Hey Jason

I have been trying to get some gallery content to display on some mod rewritten pages that I have created, but the images just wont show for some reason.

In the PM section I have put 2 links - one to one of the pages withouth the rewrite which you can see loads the gallery perfectly, but the other link is using the rewrite and as you can see the gallery does not load at all.... I have also added one of the pages.

If you dont mind taking a look wouold realluy appreciate it.

Many thanks

Jamie

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the Gallery recordset requires the PageContentsID URL Variable be passed in to populate.

you have code to convert the PageContentsID value to brs_<PageContentsID>

$_GET["GalleryContent"] = "brs_".$_GET['PageContentsID'];

and this is used to filter the gallery.

you rewrite is not passing that variable so the gallery recordset does not work.

Jamie

what would I need to do / how would I go about changing it to achieve that ?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

instead of using the URL Variable, use the PageContentsID column from the PageContents recordset.

Jamie

Thanks Jason. I can see the sense of what youre saying but I dont see what element I am changing...?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

$_GET["GalleryContent"] = "brs_".$row_PageContents['PageContentsID'];

Jamie

ahhhh gotcha thanks

Jamie

thats working great.. many thanks

have noticed, even before the mod rewrite, that in the accessories navigation, if you click on 'veils' or 'shoes' the same page content is being displayed but the other items in the navigation display fine... http://www.courtyardbridal.co.uk

This isnt happening on any of the other product sections (brides or bridesmaids)

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

what page does the accessories link direct to?

it would seam to me that there is a problem with the rewrite and the URL variable it generates and matching that agains what is in the database.

echo the SQL for the recordset that is on the page into the body, then compare that against your database.

Jamie

I have tried using <?php echo $AccessoriesNavigation ?> (not sure if thats corect?) and it comes back with Resource id #7 which doesnt seem to match anything in the database at all... (and it shows the same regardless of the accessories navigation you select.

the accessories underlying url structure is accessory-items.php?perm where perm is using the permalink entry stored in the database. The other 2 items in the navigation work absolutely fine...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...