close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Adding Custom Payment Gateway

Thread began 10/03/2013 7:15 am by anonymous | Last modified 10/03/2013 7:39 am by Jason Byrnes | 646 views | 1 replies |

anonymous

Adding Custom Payment Gateway

Hello,

I bought the eCart and the SuperStore, mainly so I can have the eCart customise the PowerStore if need be. My client plans to use a Payment Gateway not currently supported in both eCart and PowerStore. I understand that WebAssist does not provide support for Payment Gateways not already included in their list, however, I need a documentation of Where What is Located.

I have spent days reading through the forum, looking for solution, but all the response given by WebAssist (most from Jason) is that it is not supported. I am fully aware that even free (OpenSource) carts do provide clear documentation on how to add custom (New) Payment Gateway, so it is very disturbing for me that after spending $400.00 paying for SuperStore I am stuck on not being able to add a custom Payment Gateway, and it looks like the whole money I have spent buying this piece of solution will be wasted.

Please can you provide information or documentation that will allow me to add a New Payment Gateway. I am very familiar with the Payment Gateway, as I have implemented it for different clients at different times. No Card processing is required on the website, customers are re-directed to the Payment Gateway's website to process their card, and are returned to the website for the DB to be updated. That is the simple process. The challenge I currently have is that the I need a way to have SuperStore Insert the Cart to the DB, and redirects the customer to the Payment Gateway website. I have created a response page that customers will be returned to, and from this page, I am able to send them to the Successful or Failed page.

I really look forward to your response, as I am already behind schedule on the project.

Thank you.
Tosin

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You would need to hand code the process of passing the cart to the payment gateway.

you say the card processing will take place on the Payment gateway servers, so you would most likely be passing the cart data to the gateway using a form with hidden form elements similar to the way that pay pal payments standard works.

You would need to refer to the payment gateways documentation for the specifics of how to pass the data to the gateway. On the bindings panel, you can access the eCart bindings to get the data stored in the cart.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...