close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Form Builder IE Rendering Issue

Thread began 9/25/2013 11:07 am by anonymous | Last modified 9/26/2013 7:55 am by Jason Byrnes | 2488 views | 7 replies |

anonymous

Form Builder IE Rendering Issue

When I create a contact page, it does not render correctly in Internet Explorer and is all 'Scrunched Up' as per the attachment submitted. Its fine in all other browsers except I.E.

Do I need some sort of compatibility script?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I am not able to reproduce using IE 10, see screen shot

anonymous

Hi, its IE version 9

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I cant reproduce using IE9 compatibility mode either.

anonymous

I am a little puzzled here Jason. Just tried this on another PC that is using IE 9 and its the same. Could you try it on a native IE9 rather than using compatibility mode?

Do you have any suggestions as I am concerned a potential customer would experience the same issue.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

ok, i tested this on a native IE 9, and i can see that it is not attaching the form builder style:
<link href="webassist/forms/fd_sharp_condorpharma.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

I think this is a limoit to IE 9 on the either the number of style sheets that can be linked or the number of selectors that can be applied top a document.

I see you have about 25 other style sheets included in the page.

I read somewhere, though i cannot find it now, that IE is limited to 4035 selectors per document.

Your s5 styles could easily be exceeding this limit, and since the line to include the form builder style is at the end of the list, it is being ignored. try moving the form builder style to the beginning of the list.

anonymous

IE9 Issue

Hi Jason, that seemed to solve the problem. Only thing now is the validation text is always visible for some reason. I will have a tinker with this.

Thanks for all of your help.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The spry CSS Is at the end of the list too. try moving the spry CSS to top of the list so it can be included.

I would suggest going through the css for the page and removing any CSS that is not necessary and consolidating any selectors that redefined.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...