close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Product pictures populating incorrectly

Thread began 8/09/2013 11:26 am by Marcus | Last modified 8/15/2013 8:53 am by Marcus | 1635 views | 7 replies |

Marcus

Product pictures populating incorrectly

I have product items set up with a couple of pictures so customers can view the product from a couple of angles. The pictures are set to zoom in upon click. The main (first) picture shows correctly and when the second picture is clicked to be displayed, it will show but dropped into the right hand corner. This happens on Safari and Chrome. When in Internet Explorer, it will populate correctly, but will not zoom in. The zoom window shows as if it is hung up. If I bounce between the first and second picture again, the second picture will show correctly. I am using the Vivid template at this time and have modified the colors.

Thank you for any advice or help.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please post a url where we can see the problem. Nobody can debug the issue like this from a description alone.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Marcus

I have provided the link for you. It seems to be hit and miss, but it happens on several computers and with different browsers.

Thank You

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I tried it on Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Firefox... and it always seems to work for me. What OS are you using? Maybe include the browser versions you have? I'd need to reproduce the problem to fix it and it all seems to work when I try.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I see the screen shots, and believe you that it happens... but I need to reproduce it to debug it.

What is the OS and browser version you are using? Once I'm able to reproduce it, I'll probably need FTP information to fully debug and fix it as well.

Marcus

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP3
Chrome Version 28.0.1500.95 m
Internet Explorer 8 Version 8.0.6001.18702

This is the only computer I have access to right now. The other 3 will be listed later this evening when I can get to them. Sorry for the delay.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'm wondering if I can't reproduce it because of connection speed. I have a similar system and browser versions and i don't see the issue.

Can you post a phone number and I can call you to reproduce the problem and then I can debug it and try to fix it. Fixing web sites is kind of like fixing cars... if you tell the mechanic your car doesn't start and when he turns the key it starts right up then there isn't much he can do. I need to see the problem happen so that when I tinker I can see if it is fixed or not.

So if you post your number I can give you a ring and we can work together to get to the bottom of it and make sure it gets resolved.

Marcus

Awesome Work Ray! Thank You So Much! The site is working great & the pictures are popping in exactly as expected. I really appreciate all your help!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...