close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Age verification for our site?

Thread began 6/26/2013 11:54 am by anonymous | Last modified 6/26/2013 2:24 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2082 views | 9 replies |

anonymous

Age verification for our site?

Hello again, is it possible to put a pop up age verification that would ask the user to certify they are 18 or over in order to enter the website? OR if it would be easier, to have a mandatory check box they have to check during the registration process? We are dealing with e-cigarettes and have to be sure that we do not knowingly sell to anyone under 18.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The checkbox would be the easiest solution, add the checkbox to the registration form, set the checked value to 1, and add server validation to ensure that it has been checked.

anonymous

rob from vapor-pleasures

Not sure why it is calling me anonymous, but ok. And how can I do that? is that CSS modification? when I go to the registration page, it shows as a page I cannot edit... so I am not sure how to do what you are telling me. Sounds easy enough.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

on the registration page, in dreamweaver add a checkbox (Insert -> Form -> Checkbox)

in the property inspector, set the checked value to 1.

open the server behaviors panel. If server validation has already been applied, double click it in the server behaviors list to edit it.

from the validation type, select required, for the server variable, click the lightning bolt icon and select the checkbox.

anonymous

Ahhh that is why, I do not have Dreamweaver; I was trying to do it from my café commerce interface in the edit section, but the registration page is not editable. Going to have to ask my boss to get me a copy of Dreamweaver (I have an older version of Dreamweaver 8, can I use that? If so, I have no idea how to import my website to Dreamweaver.)

Let me know if there is an easier way perhaps using firebug in firefox?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I did not notice that this was for Cafe Commerce, my apologies.

Cafe Comerce does not support adding this type of verification, I apologize for the confusion.

anonymous

Seems to me that if I had access to edit the registration page it would be very simple...I completely understood your dreamweaver solution. Would it be that difficult to add to my registration page? According to your explanation it's about a 2 minute fix, right?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

With cafe commerce, you do not have access to the source files though to edit them.

anonymous

so you are telling me that while it is a simple solution (as explained above), café commerce is unable to perform said simple solution ( a one time 2 minute fix) and would tell me that it can't be done?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Age verification is not a supported feature of Cafe Commerce.

I Will add a feature request to have it considered for the future, but for now, it is not supported.

Cafe Commerce does not give you access to the source files for the site.

there is not a way to edit the cafe commerce files to add this functionality.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...