close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

When is new ecart update coming

Thread began 6/25/2013 2:36 pm by Patrice | Last modified 12/27/2013 1:51 am by Ray Borduin | 2622 views | 10 replies |

PatriceWebAssist

When is new ecart update coming

I have an existing ecart. Client wants to do new configurations and I am thinking it would be better to wait for the 6 version before tackling. Is there a date when the new one is coming out?

I don't mean a CC version but rather the newest update.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It will be at least a couple of months for eCart 6 to be released, but we do not have a hard release date planned.

PatriceWebAssist

thanks...

PatriceWebAssist

Hi again. I have a new ecart project pending. Is there any date yet on the upgrade to 6? I'd rather wait a bit to start project if it is soon. Thanks much.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

We are hoping to release eCart 6 by the end of September.

PatriceWebAssist

Thank you.

PatriceWebAssist

Any new time line yet?
More questions: What will new eCart 6 have that 5 doesn't? I have fingers crossed!
Also price on new eCart 6 versus PowerStore update? I expect PS will have to jump up also otherwise they are the same price.
Please share as much as you know for 2014 so we can plan what to sell to clients.

Thanks!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

eCart is very close to release. We finally reached a "feature complete" beta this week and should be able to get through the open bugs and get out the new release early next year.

We have updated all of the UI's to be consistent with Data Bridge and Design Extender and brought the shared files up to date so that installation order will no longer matter.

The primary changes have been in the checkout wizard. We updated the checkout form so that it uses modern concepts like css transitions, jquery and html5 validations, and AJAX. This allowed us to streamline the checkout process for your shoppers and create a more polished experience.

We also added more checkout options such as Express Checkout only for paypal, Payments Advanced for paypal and added the newest payment option from PayPal in-context lightbox enabled Express Checkout... and we added an easy way to add PayPal Bill Me Later banner ads to your site as well.

There are a few more additions such as a stand-alone JQuery/html5 validations object, an improved process for passing Session variables between web sites, form persistence settings to remember user form values previously entered with session or cookies. For those that own Data Bridge, it will update and add those features to the Form Builder directly.

PS won't jump in price. They will remain the same price. The primary difference in eCart and Powerstore isn't about price. We will be doing a road map email early in the new year to give a general overview of our plans and what you can look forward to.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

PatriceWebAssist

Sounds great! I hope responsive design is part of the new tweaks (for all new updates).

Thanks Ray.

PatriceWebAssist

Wish list: easier implementation of coupon feature, including a dynamic change in the coupon. I built a back end for client to make product changes, but struggling with how to let them do their own coupon codes and percentages off etc.

Thanks for a great product.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...