close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Mysql_pconnect issues

Thread began 6/22/2013 8:33 pm by contact318852 | Last modified 6/24/2013 6:57 am by Jason Byrnes | 8510 views | 1 replies |

contact318852

Mysql_pconnect issues

I developed a site with dreamweaver CS6 and WA DataBridge latest version on my local wamp server php 5.3.0 and mysql 5.1.36 and everything worked well. I uploaded the site to my remote server with php 5.3.8 and mysql 5.0.91 and the pages are blank, it appears code is breaking as soon as a session is requested.

I included error reporting code on my index page and do not receive any errors, on my local wamp or on my remote server. If I try to connect to the remote database through WAconnection, I receive this error in dreamweaver

Your PHP server doesn’t have the MYSQL module loaded or you can’t use the mysql_(p)connect functions

I checked my remote server phpinfo and pconnect is disabled, so I changed the connection script to use mysql_connect and entered an incorrect password and received a cannot connect to database error. After correcting the password I again receive no errors but pages are blank on the remote server. I have also changed Dreamweavers js file ot use mysql_connect rather than mysql_pconnect.

My question is a bit broad, Where do I trouble shoot next to get the pages to work?
Does this seem like a server configuration issue rather than a page coding issue? ( the site works fine on my local wamp server)
Is there anywhere else in WA helper files or otherwise that I should change to use somehting other than mysql_pconnect?

sorry for the obtuse questions - I'm hoping I can get a bit of guidance on this to be able to trouble shoot the real issue.

UPDATE:
I did a bit of digging by changing the path to the include files at the top of my script one by one and confirmed there is an issue with session creation

After reading this:

"putting an @ before a function call suppresses any errors that may be reported during the course of that function.

It's identical to turning off error_reporting before the call and turning it back on after, it's just quicker with the @."

in helper.php I changed line 12 from
@session_start();
to this:
session_start();

and started receiving errors
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 569 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in mypath/public_html/webassist/security_assist/helper_php.php on line 12

Fatal error: session_start() [<a href='plugins/function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Failed to initialize storage module: files (path: ) in mypathpublic_html/webassist/security_assist/helper_php.php on line 12

So I have a ticket into my host to see what can be done about safe mode.

UPDATE2:
Turning off safemode resolved everything, not sure if this post will help others but I will leave it here in case it does, or Jason can delete it if he feels it is redundant.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

glad to hear you found the problem and where able to correct it.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...