close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

HTML Editor is blank in admin page

Thread began 6/05/2013 3:12 pm by Paul | Last modified 6/10/2013 10:33 am by Jason Byrnes | 2068 views | 10 replies |

Paul

HTML Editor is blank in admin page

I've successfully inserted HTML Editor in my admin UPDATE page, but when I view the page, the editor doesn't show. The surrounding graphic for the "cool" theme shows, but not the editor itself.

I'm using the latest Design Extender. Where is the folder that has all the images and such?

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

All of the HTML Editor files are added to the webassist/ckeditor folder in your site.

make sure to upload that entire folder to the server.

Paul

Jason,

I've uploaded the webassist/ckeditor, the ckeditor folder and nothing works. The admin page that it is on is showing the blank space between fields, but no icons.

Any more thoughts?
Thanks

CraigRBeta Tester

I had a similar problem, this may help...

have a look at the html editor instance on the page and find the line

$CKEditor_config["skin"] =

When I did the update, i had the same problem, and found the existing instances I had of html editor used the 'kama' skin, but when I downloaded the update, I only had the 'moono' skin in my folder.

I have sinced changed all instances on the site I was working on to moono as I liked it better.

Paul

CraigR...

You got it! That was the problem. The skin was the kama. Not sure why that happened, but when I changed it to moono, all worked.. I just installed the latest versions of Design Extender, Data Bridge and the Free Tools. That's all I have installed from WA. So not sure why the Kama skin wasn't in the installation.

But thanks! Been trying to figure it out for a few days now.

Now if I can just figure out why the background of the area of the HTML Editor where you type in your content is black? :-)

Paul

I figured out that it is showing the background of the page where the database field is. How do I just leave the editor as a white background?

CraigRBeta Tester

Sorry,you got me there.

Can you show me an example, i will take a look when im at my computer tomorrow

Paul

Thanks, Craig, but I'm building it locally. So I don't have an external link. I'm sure someone at WA can tell me what to do.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I would need to see the problem in order to troubleshoot, surely you are planning to upload to the live server at some poi t? if you could provide a link where i can see the problem i can troubleshoot the cause, without being able to see the problem though, it is impossible to tell.

Paul

Jason,

CraigR was correct with his skin reply.

When I was in the HTML editor, the editor was showing the background of the page (which is a black mottled image) in the editor window. So I could not see the text. It wasn't showing the div that had the content in it and had a white background.

But, I changed the design slightly, and am able to see it fine.

Thanks!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...