close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Live Store Not Working - Product Option Choices hangs/locks up

Thread began 4/16/2013 7:17 am by Dianne | Last modified 4/18/2013 1:20 pm by Dianne | 2660 views | 13 replies |

Dianne

Live Store Not Working - Product Option Choices hangs/locks up

Can someone please help.... on any of the products that you can choose an option of a size, like any of the shirts, hit hangs on "checking inventory" or whatever it says.... I need help ASAP please please :)

limerockparkstore.com

Sign in to reply to this post

Dianne

got it working - but still don't know why

so its something with details.php and the results_grid.php, probably just the results_grid as it only hangs when selecting a size option... so now i have two versions, 1 to use when a coupon is active and 1 set to use when there's no coupon active. This seems a little bit crazy to have to switch back & forth.... but i can't find the differences in the files to pin-point where the problem is.... if anyone has a chance to look at these, i'd greatly appreciate it... currently the version that is running on the live site that's working is the one in "coupon-notworking-what-was-i-doiing.zip"

Attached Files
coupon-notworking-what-was-i-doing.zip
doesnt-work-if-no-coupon-why.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm struggling to follow along with the problem description.

In one sentence it sounds like the problem happens for all items with a size option, in another sentence it sounds like the problem happens when items have a coupon?

Dianne

sorry for the confusion

here's whats happening.... If I have the "details.php and the results_grid.php" files that are in the zip file called "doesn't work if no coupon" ... if there are no coupons active, no one can select a size and add it to cart, it hangs on checking the inventory.... BUT if there is a coupon active, whether it applies to the product or not, then those files work....

the other set of files in the zip called "coupon-notworking" work if there is NO coupon active, but as soon as you set a coupon it doesn't work

does that make more sense?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Sounds to me like you may have a coupon defined for a particular product, then deleted that product.

Dianne

no, this is ongoing, it has custom coupon coding ray did for me w/premium ticket

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

need some more information please

Dianne

ok

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

currently there is no coupon set, so the results_grid.php & details.php is working, but if you activate say the latest coupon, and set the date so its active, you'll see the coupon won't work  

I updated the coupon to be active, added a small shirt to the cart, input the coupon code and it is working for me, see the attached screen shot

Dianne

i see that, but its really not working.... if you activate a coupon (one that doesn't have a code to be entered)... on the results grid the price is supposed to be crossed out with the word SALE after it in red, and on the detail page, the regular price is crossed out and the Sale price is in Red... but with the .php files that are active now, that doesn't happen, but if you put the other ones active it does, but when the sale ends, then you can't select the product sizes, that's where it hangs....

Let me look into it further this weekend, and see if i can set up a test area where i can show you with both options live so you can see what i'm talking about

Thanks for the help! I'll get back to you on it

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...