close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

styling 'broken'

Thread began 4/10/2013 3:50 am by Jamie | Last modified 4/12/2013 1:04 am by Jamie | 1676 views | 14 replies |

Jamie

styling 'broken'

Hey Jason

A site that sadly I dont host was recently moved from one server to another. This has sort of broken the styling of the gallery side of things (the galleries arent accessing the .css that I created for them) and also when I go to settings are of ';choosedesign.php' I have the attached showing as an error....

Is there anything I can do to rectify this or is it a question of starting an installation from scracth?

Cheers

Jamie

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It's probably a permissions error. Set the permissions for the power Gallery folder to 755, and make sure the permissions are applied to all file and folders under it.

Jamie

thanks Jason (and sorry for my delay in replying... used to getting an email when theres a reply to a post and forgot to clcik on subscribe)

Thats fixed the visible galleries, but the settings area in the backend still showing that error as per my original image... have tried setting permissions to 755 to that fold (and sub folders) directly and nothing... when I go back to change permissions it has reverted back to 777

Basically, when I click on settings in the choosedesign page, the permissions remain 755. I then get to the editing page it prompts 'An Unsaved Theme Was Found' and when I click continue, thats when the permissions automatically get changed back to 777

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Reset the permissions once again, and In the admin_gallery/common/properties.php file, change:

php:
$GLOBALS['permissions'] = array(

'dir' => 0777,
    'file' => 0666
);

to:

php:
$GLOBALS['permissions'] = array(

'dir' => 0755,
    'file' => 0755
);

Jamie

have done as you suggested and no joy....

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

ok, I'll need to look into the problem directly

Jamie

Ok... here you go and thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

once logged in, I go to the gallery section, where to from here?

Jamie

Here you go

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm not able to access the choose design page without the super admin use and password. that page is only available to the super admin.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...