close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerStore set up

Thread began 8/12/2009 11:49 am by lrawlins367093 | Last modified 8/12/2009 4:52 pm by Neil Beadle | 1053 views | 1 replies |

lrawlins367093

PowerStore set up

OK,

I gave in and have purchased PowerStore 2, but find the step-by-step procedures seem to wander about drunkenly at times.

How about a real step-by-step without having to go from one document to another to another then back to the first and on to the next step.

It also doesn't tell me where the store is to be located in my site. Is is as a sub-domain or a certain folder in the site, or do I toss out the work I did initially setting up the layout of the site and use the templates for PowerStore 2 and start all over from scratch.

Yes, admittedly this is fits in the "stupid question" category better documentation avoids most of these.

Why not allow prospective buyers the ability to read documentation in advance before they spend money on something that they may later regret?

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Neil Beadle

Setting up PowerStore - PowerStore documentation

The store can be uploaded anywhere on your server. You just need to make sure that the paths you enter in the WA_Globals.php file go to the correct location. In most situations, PowerStore is considered "the website" and is stored in the main directory. If you would like to store it in a sub-directory, that will work.

As far as the design goes, you will need to decide this for yourself. PowerStore has been created to be easily modified, but will require an understanding of CSS and updating style sheets.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the PowerStore documentation. Currently the documentation is broken-out into multiple documents to make each step more digestible. We're constantly working on improving all the documentation for our products and will keep your comments in mind.

All WebAssist documentation is available publicly under our Support menu. You will notice that the Read_me.htm file included in the PowerStore files contains the same content as the PowerStore Getting Started Guide.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...