close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

ecart display manager

Thread began 3/07/2013 10:46 am by mandilynnhunt446051 | Last modified 3/07/2013 2:05 pm by mandilynnhunt446051 | 2139 views | 8 replies |

mandilynnhunt446051

ecart display manager

I have purchased a template and am trying to insert a shopping cart within one of the pages of the template. When I place my curser in the box I would like to insert the shopping cart I get an error popup box stating "Please ensure that your selection is inside the body tage before using this object". I am in an editable region within the template but the tages are <article.box4><mmtinstance:editable>. I tried to just put <body>...</body> but that did not work. Any suggestions?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

send a copy of the page please.

mandilynnhunt446051

eCart display manager cont..

Attached is screenshot of code for area of page I am referring to:

I'm having a hard time uploading an attachment that is readable. Below is the typed information from the image:

<-- InstanceEndEditable -->
</section>
<!--/column1-->

<!-- column2 -->
<section id="column2">

<!-- G10-Component-Swap:google-site-search -->
<!-- /G10-Component-Swap:google-site-search -->

< !-- box4 -->
<article class="box4">

<!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="body1" --> <body>

<!-- numo box right -->
<!-- numo feature box -->

</body>

<!-- InstanceEndEditable -->

</article>
<!-- box4 -->

</selection>
<!-- column2 -->

Note: when my cursor is in the area between my inserded <body> and </body> the tags located at the bottom of the screen in the grey bar are: <mmtinstance:fileinstance> <article.box4> <mmtinstance:editable>

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the screen shoot is not readable, it would be better is you sent a copy of the actual file in a zip archive.

mandilynnhunt446051

eCart display manager cont...

In the message above I indicated where in the page I am having issues.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this tempalte is badly formated.

there is a opening body tag at line 772:
<body>

a closing body tag at line 833

</div>
</body>

<!-- #EndLibraryItem --></div>

and an opening and closing body tag at line 896 - 898:
<body>

</body>

there should only be one opening body tag at the beginning of the HTML body content and one closing body tag at the end of the HTML body content. The multiple body tags are causing the problem.

mandilynnhunt446051

The body tag at line 772 is being pulled from another source (.lbi page) so it shouldn't be affected the eCart on the index.php page. Body tags on lines 896-898 are there because I inserted them trying to get the eCart to work. So assuming I erase those that I inserted, are there any suggestions on being able to insert the eCart between lines 881 and 908?

mandilynnhunt446051

This post has been deleted.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

having multiple body tags in the page is the most likely cause of the problem.

you need to remove the body tags from the library item

there should only ever be one opening body tag on the page, and one closing body tag.

it may also be that you have multiple head tags, or multiple HTML tags, those can also cause the error.

it could also be caused by having an opening div, span or other tag that never gets close or having to many closing tags so that a div that is never started is being opened.

mandilynnhunt446051

eCart display manager

I finally got it to work. I had put the webassist login box in a library item, making it appear on every page that calls the library item, including the shopping cart page.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...