close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Authorize.net transaction error

Thread began 8/10/2009 7:08 pm by tequilaboy372007 | Last modified 8/13/2009 3:10 pm by Eric Mittman | 1774 views | 4 replies |

tequilaboy372007

Authorize.net transaction error

When processing transactions using authorize.net, I get an error response that says:
"(TESTMODE) This account has not been given the permission(s) required for this request."

In ecart, I used the login id I use to login to the authorize.net site (not the ID that was paired with the transaction key they provide). Am i getting this error BECAUSE the account is in testmode, or is the "testmode" part of the response just simply telling me that the response came from the testmode server? The account's been active only for a couple of hours now, so I am suppose to wait like 24 hours or something before my account has permission to process credit card requests?

Also, this is probably a pretty stupid question, but at some point I thought I read that authorize.net provides a sercurity cert when you use their services. Is this true or was I just mistaken, and if it is true how exactly do you make use of it?

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

This looks like you are using test mode and are getting the message separately. For the id you should be using the primary login ID for your Authorize.Net account, which it sounds like you are.

I think your account may just not be fully setup yet, if you want to try and toggle the test mode this can be done by editing the server behavior for the local checkout on the confirm page, or by editing the code and finding the test setting and making it false.

I think if you were using the wrong credentials you would get a different error message but I have not configured an Authorize.NET account myself.

tequilaboy372007

I set "x_test_request" to FALSE and waited a couple days to make sure my authorize.net account is setup, but I'm still getting the same error.

I did set the cart up for AIM processing rather than SecureSource, primarily because I couldn't find any information at all about either of these from both the webassist site and the authorize.net site. I don't know if this would have any relation to the error I'm getting..

Has anybody else here encountered this error with auth.net before? In the mean time, I'm also contacting auth.net to see if they have some input on this.

tequilaboy372007

My first call to auth.net (handled by some jerk who didn't know what the hell they were talking about) said that the error message simply meant the transaction went through fine but my account was still set to test mode. This was obviously not the problem, and changing to live mode did nothing but remove the "(TESTING)" prefix from the error message.

On my second call, however, they said that I was actually suppose to be using the API login code that was issued with the transaction key which, as far as I can figure, is exactly what the ecart checkout wizard said NOT to use.

After replacing my web login with the API login key, the checkout process appears to be working super-de-duper-ly.

The verbiage should probably be changed in the next ecart update to reflect this. If it already says that (and my dumbass just misread it), then perhaps a slight update to just clarify a bit more that the API login is what is required, and not the web login.

Eric Mittman

Thanks for that, I will be informing the documentation team about this to see if they can update it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...