close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

from ADDT to Databridge

Thread began 1/24/2013 5:59 am by antonio317347 | Last modified 1/24/2013 8:28 am by info298111 | 517 views | 2 replies |

antonio317347

from ADDT to Databridge

Hi all,
I use extensively ADDT with DW CS4 and now I need to look at something else due to lack of support for ADDT and the advance of PHP versions.

So, I'm asking here if there are other users coming from ADDT.
How do you feel with Databridge?
Is there something you can do with ADDT and not with Databridge or vice-versa?

Any information will be really appreciated.

TIA

tony

Sign in to reply to this post

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

Well I came originally from InterAKT, then Adobe purchased the software and turned it into their ADDT framework.

Originally I remember InterAKT Kollection and WebAssist extensions were simular in so many ways, however I was introduced to InterAKT so stuck with them.

I wished I was introduced to WebAssist first, as apart from both companies having simular extensions...WebAssist cannot be beaten in terms of after sales technical support of their products.

I have learnt so much in terms of PHP/Database coding from these Forums and they also offer Skype technical support which is worth every penny. Honestly I have coded some amazing functionality from the help of people on the forum and the staff at WebAssist via Skype. a real positive learning experience and all the help I have gained has allowed me to push myself and to provide my clients with professionally coded websites.

Whats even better about WebAssist is their direction as a company, they continue to improve their products further and its obvious they care about their customers from the improvements they make.

DataBridge is a collection of their previous extensions rolled into one, before their software was powerful in terms what you can potentially do with it, but as their extensions merged into DataBridge, I personally felt that is was far more structured and efficient to use since it creates one webassist folder on your server rather then before "sometimes" creating duplicate folders, so the external files needed for a website are more organsised.

Because I came from ADDT and then forced to use another framework like the WebAssist products, I was frustrated, When I built my first Website with WebAssist extensions I did feel restricted...but only because I was used to the structure of ADDT, so I felt like a fish out of water...But as I experimented with WebAssist extensions I felt more comfortable and began to realise that there was so much i can do with them and felt more powerful then ADDT...furthermore if I recall, ADDT created a folder with so many include files, it was just messy and confusing...however WebAssist only includes files that are needed for the feature you are using on your website so this was such a welcome change :)

All in all, there is a transition from ADDT to WebAssist that may make you feel wiry..but once you get to grips with all the features that WebAssist extensions offers and it has all the potential of creating far more then ADDT could, you will look back and think what how did you manage without WebAssist...and dont forget the WebAssist fourms and support :)

Chris

info298111

ADDT to databridge

I am an original ADDT user as well. I keep ADDT besides Databridge for the fast work. When coming from ADDT, databridge looks more complex but is in many way more advanced and better. Just hope one time they will bring a "Convert to master/detail list and form" as we had in ADDT. Otherwise Databridge is the better one. Working with Webassist Support team will satisfy all you PHP needs.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...