close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Displaying second table on Results page

Thread began 1/20/2013 7:11 pm by erin.hedrick443527 | Last modified 1/21/2013 1:00 pm by erin.hedrick443527 | 1848 views | 8 replies |

erin.hedrick443527

Displaying second table on Results page

Hello,

I have created my Search and Results pages successfully, but I need to add a second database table to one of my results pages (it is small and will just be static.) I am trying to do everything possible to make it look identical in style to the table that will appear with the search results. Is there any way to do this?

Everything I have tried so far has come back with an error or nothing at all. Thanks in advance for any help and guidance!

Sign in to reply to this post

CraigRBeta Tester

it should just be a case of applying the same css rules to your new table.

check out the div classes which surround your table and the class of the table itself

please upload your page if you are still having problems

erin.hedrick443527

Thank you, I thought that was all I needed to do, but I think I may be trying to add the table incorrectly. Could I get direction on how to properly add the second table? I was following the tutorial of how to add a recordset and add bindings to the page, but perhaps I am doing it wrong or missing a step. I am very new to this, so any help is appreciated!

CraigRBeta Tester

In dreamweaver, adding a table is straightforward, (insert-> table) and choose the table size.

then just drag and drop your recordset fields to the table

please upload your page so i can take a look, if you are still having probelms

erin.hedrick443527

Thank you, that makes much more sense with the table. However, I am trying to change the style to match initial table created, and still not getting it. Here is my uploaded page.

Also, I noticed that the results aren't working properly either. I ran several searches from my search page, and every time I get all the results showing rather than matching results only. I have recreated the pages multiple times with no change (this has happened with other databases as well.) Is the page missing some coding there as well?

Thanks!

Attached Files
Home Results.zip

CraigRBeta Tester

I notice you have 3 recordsets on your page, and 2 tables.

which is the original table from which you wish to copy the style.

which recordsets do you want to use, (may account for your search problems)

erin.hedrick443527

Let's see there should only be 2 recordsets: wa_test and owned. The table settings I want to use are the ones I created with Data Assist for the wa_test table, which should be the one that is only displaying what is asked on search page. Also, if it helps, I tried doing the search for results before attempting to add the 2nd table, and I still did not get narrowed results.

CraigRBeta Tester

i don't have your data or connection, so i can't easily test the page, but i deleted the extra recordset and copied the classes from the wadawa_test table to the wa_owned one.

hope this helps

Attached Files
Home Results.zip

erin.hedrick443527

Thanks for the quick help, I updated my page and ran a test. The screen print attached is the error I received. One thing I also noticed, is that the new table is missing the data. Is it also trying to pull from the search. If so, is there a way to make it static?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...