close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Either very serious bug or I am missing something

Thread began 1/09/2013 10:58 pm by oayfer443958 | Last modified 2/11/2013 1:36 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3633 views | 9 replies |

oayfer443958

Either very serious bug or I am missing something

Hello,

I have two stores configured in CafeCommerce, both associated with PayPal Advanced accounts set up according to the steps in: 9

I just discovered that if I go to either store, add some items in my shopping cart, and proceed to the page where PayPal stuff is rendered; the order is considered complete *BEFORE* I enter any payment details. If I abandon the cart at this stage, the order is recorded as "Completed" according to CafeCommerce, but no payment is made.

Am I missing something major? Does anyone else observe this behavior?

Are there additional steps to disable test purchases on the PayPal side of things (beyond changing "Transaction Process Mode" from "test" to "live")?

Thanks for your help.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

We have reproduced the issue and our engineers are working to correct the problem as quickly as possible.

oayfer443958

So is this affecting everyone? I would be very suprised if I was the first one to notice.

Are there any estimates on when this might be fixed? We have customers wondering about their "completed" orders for which they never made a payment.

Thanks for your help.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This is the first time the issue has come up.

our engineers are working to fix the problem, and should have it fixed in a day or so.

thank you for bringing it to our attention.

oayfer443958

Are there any updates about the resolution of this problem?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Our engineers are still working to correct the problem, it should be fixed by the end of the day today.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have just received a note from the engineering team that this issue is now fixed, let us know if you continue to have problems.

oayfer443958

asdfasdf isapays

Thanks!

(10charlimit?)

matt445685

RE:Either very serious bug or I am missing something

Hello,

I am having a similar problem with my site.

The customer's order is listed as complete on the exported .csv file once they reach checkout and prior to paying with PayPal Advanced. I am selling league memberships that are limited and having a hard time determining whether the customer has in fact entered payment and its an error on our end or this is just an abandoned cart that needs to be marked as such on the csv?

ALSO, meant to mention in original post - The other large problem is that the item is taken out of my inventory once they hit the checkout page prior to payment. This makes for tricky inventory monitoring when you have abandoned carts.

Thanks in advance!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Thanks for reporting this, I have forwarded the information along to our engineers, and they are currently working to correct the problem, it should be fixed in the next couple of days.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...