close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Email No Longer working!

Thread began 12/15/2012 4:57 am by acaciasd344844 | Last modified 12/29/2012 5:53 am by acaciasd344844 | 1496 views | 6 replies |

acaciasd344844

Email No Longer working!

Hi Jason,

I am using Universal Emailer 4.0.1 and have come across an issue. First of all let me explain. You provided one2one support for me and this got things going well. I tested the pages thoroughly and it updated the database with success/failure as well as sending the email. The idea, is for Mobile users to trigger the emails in their smartphone browsers when they update their work details. Thankfully I haven't updated the pages and this still works correctly online.

Working on my localhost:

I now need to have additional emails sent from the desktop side of the site. So I created the pages and added the new details I wish to email. I test the pages as I'm building them and started to get strange idiosyncrasies. The first one was when submitting the page and then redirecting it to a success page. I got the following error... Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'library.php' (include_path='.;M:\xampp\php\PEAR') in M:\xampp\htdocs\midas2demo\webassist\database_management\wa_appbuilder_php.php on line 9. So am not sure what was going on here or what I have done wrong.

So, I decided to submit the email page to itself and the page seemed to work. I then noticed It wasn't updating the email database table with success or failure, so I gathered that it wasn't working correctly. I decided to check if the mobile side was still working and found that it wasn't. oh oh! I examined the email server behavior on the mobile pages and found that it had picked up the 'email body' from the new desktop page. I edited the email body on the mobile pages and put it back to what it was, but unfortunately it still doesn't work. I know this as it is no longer updating the email table with success or failure.

So I guess duplicating the email layout page and updating the mobile pages and the desktop pages to the correct email layout, wouldn't work. For some reason, I think its a lot more complicated than that. Could you just confirm that that is the case or is their something wrong with the behavior. Does it no account for multiple usages?

I can send you the mobile and desktop pages if you need them. So sorry to go on but hope it helps.

Cheers

John

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you will not be able to send the email from your local testing server.

to do so, you would need to install and configure an SMTP email server and the Pear Mail package.

acaciasd344844

Its working but...

Thanks for that Jason,

I uploaded the files and the emails are being sent but now I get the following errors...

Warning: require_once(library.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/37/d277122941/htdocs/midas2demo/webassist/database_management/wa_appbuilder_php.php on line 9

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'library.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5') in /homepages/37/d277122941/htdocs/midas2demo/webassist/database_management/wa_appbuilder_php.php on line 9

I feel that I am so close, any clues?

John

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this means that webassist/database_management/ folder was not uploaded to the server.

acaciasd344844

Data not included in the email

Hi Jason

Thanks for the previous reply. I managed to stop the previous errors by commenting out //require_once("library.php"); and the emails work correctly.

I'm now working on another part of the site that has to send emails. These emails allow the user to enter data in to 2 fields Subject and Body. When the email is sent it correctly obtains the text from both fields but it should also include data from a record set. As much as I try I cant get it to pick up this data. I have looked at my previous pages that do work and I cant see for the life of me why it wont work.

I have included the file as well as the email template

john

Attached Files
johnhenderson.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

see this thread for details on including the recordset info in the email body:
showthread.php?t=17869

acaciasd344844

Its now working!

Thanks for that Jason

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...