close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problem upgarde to 5

Thread began 12/12/2012 8:59 am by melaniekelley366749 | Last modified 12/26/2012 11:35 am by Ray Borduin | 1265 views | 5 replies |

melaniekelley366749

Problem upgarde to 5

I uninstalled 4 and reloaded 5. all the cart features I had before now do not work. how do I handle this?

is it suppose to work with what is already created or built out? or do I need to remove all the eCart4 from my files and do them again? if so, how do I remove all the eCart?

is there a tutorial on this?

melanie

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

eCart 5 should not have a problem editing eCart 4 pages.

specifically what is not working

do you have a link?

melaniekelley366749

Thank you for your reply.

The page list several items, each with an "add to cart" button which used to redirect the user to the cart content page.
The problem now is that after the update to eCart 5, some of the buttons simply don´t work anymore. Instead of redirecting to the cart page and updating the cart content, they simply reload the current page.
Neither page nor database have been change since the upgrade.

Is there a way to completely remove the eCart functionality from the page, in order to start over with the new version?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

can you send a copy of one of the pages that has the problem?

and a link where i can see the problem happen?

it may be that a php error is occurring but error reporting is turned off, try adding the following code at line 1 to turn error reporting on:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

melaniekelley366749

I´ve tried the code you posted but it has no effect.

Here is the code that creates the "add to cart" button:
<?php
if ($totalRows_rst_invoices!=0){
do
{
echo("<tr>");
echo("<td class='rowRow'>");
echo($row_rst_invoices['id_invoice']);
echo("</td>");
echo($row_rst_invoices['purchase_order_nr']);
echo("</td>");
echo($row_rst_invoices['due_date']);
echo("</td>");
echo($row_rst_invoices['price']);
echo("</td>");
echo("<a href='plugins/get_doc.php?d=files/invoices/".$row_rst_invoices['filename']."'>PDF file</a>");
echo("</td>");
?>
<td class="rowRow">
<form name="PolarbearTeesCart_1_ATC_<?php echo $row_rst_invoices["id_invoice"]; ?>" method="POST" action="<?php echo $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]; ?><?php echo (isset($_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"]) && $_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"] != "")?"?".$_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"]:""; ?>">
<input type="hidden" name="PolarbearTeesCart_1_ID_Add" value="<?php echo $row_rst_invoices["id_invoice"]; ?>" >
<input type="hidden" name="PolarbearTeesCart_1_Quantity_Add" value="1" size="4" >
<input type="image" src="../WA_eCart/Images/Pacifica/Btn2_EN_addtocart.gif" border="0" value="Add to Cart" name="PolarbearTeesCart_1_ATC">
</form> </td>
<?php
echo("</tr>");
}
while ($row_rst_invoices = mysql_fetch_assoc($rst_invoices));
}
?>

Most of it was generated automatically by eCart. It displays a simple list of database items as part of a table, each with an "add to cart" button next to them.

There is no link to the page because so far it all exists only in a local development environment.

Since the update create the problem, I think that it would be the easiest way to simply remove the eCart from the page, and then start over by adding it anew. Only I can´t find any way to do that, I can only find options to add it, but none to remove it. How can I remove the eCart from the page?

Thank you for your efforts.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'm not convinced the update created the problem, so I don't want you to waste time recreating the functionality since I'm not sure that will fix anything.

I'll open a support incident so that we can have an engineer debug this with you over the phone and find the true cause before moving forward with a possible solution.

Update that incident with a good time and number to reach you and we can get to the bottom of it with you.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...