close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

ecart tax rate multiple calculations

Thread began 12/04/2012 4:00 pm by mike410462 | Last modified 12/04/2012 4:25 pm by mike410462 | 787 views | 1 replies |

mike410462

ecart tax rate multiple calculations

I have a PayPal ecart setup (PayPal standard). I am adding the shipping to each item listed in the cart to the price total for each item.
I then discovered that I was taxing the shipping cost - which I do not want to do.
I then setup a tax calculation (under the tax tab) (note that in the area labeled trigger I am only adding tax if state is texas) that is based on a column subtotal (column of item price) - this works, but does not adjust the tax for the quantity of the item.
How would I add the quantity of the items price into this rule (item price is before the shipping charge is added). I have tried several of the options under calculations - the one labled 'based on the quantity of item' would seem to fit, but it then takes the line total price (quantity*item price+shipping price) and not the before shipping price.
Basically what I need is a tax calculation that takes the item price * the quantity - to determine the tax rate.
It probably is very simple, but I cannot seem to set this up?
Thanks,
Mike

Sign in to reply to this post

mike410462

Solved

I figured it out.
In case someone else is trying to do the same --
I made a new calculation called pre-ship price that was the total of Item Price * quantity - (no shipping).
In the tax calculation - I used this column to multiply the tax rate by -- works perfectly.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...