close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

My own registration form.

Thread began 11/30/2012 2:42 pm by neil444064 | Last modified 9/25/2015 11:26 am by Ray Borduin | 1388 views | 4 replies |

neil444064

My own registration form.

Hello, I want to create a registration system like the one in the tutorial(double opt registration) but i have my own form and dont want to use the auto generated forms. Can you give me an idea how to do it? I have my form and database table to match fields but cant seem to figure out WA to connect everything. Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

A registration page is really just a form that sends the data to a database using the Insert record behavior.

make sure the forms method is set to post, and the action is set to go to the same page as the form is on, then add the insert record behavior. open the server behaviors panel (Window -> Server Behaviors) click the plus button and select WebAssist -> Data Assist -> Insert Record -> Insert Single record

neil444064

is there documentation on how to do this? I have been trying for a few days now and cannot create a registration system the way i want with my own form. As a beginner i am probably missing some simple steps but I cannot get it, can you please help me or this system will be completely useless to me. I just want to use my own form for a double opt in registration. Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the best strategy for this would be to use the wizard to create the registration page and follow along the tutorial to get familiar with it.

after you have created the pages using the wizard, you could replace the form on the registration page wih your own form. Just make sure that the form elements names are the same as the ones generated by the wizard.

Eliecer

It works!

Excelent approach! i just did it and it works.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...