close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Only 10 Images out of 161 uploading

Thread began 11/29/2012 12:00 pm by debbie295402 | Last modified 11/30/2012 12:06 pm by Jason Byrnes | 4863 views | 11 replies |

debbie295402

Only 10 Images out of 161 uploading

I'm using Server Upload for uploading images to 3 galleries. There is only 1 gallery out of the 3 galleries where only the first 10 images are uploading, no matter how many times I upload the folder of 161 images multiple times. It shows processing _ of 161 images, but only the first 10 are added to the gallery. It also shows the amount of time remaining of 13m 30s.

I've deleted and re-added the images (which is a tedious process to do one by one), checked the naming convention on the images, etc. with no apparent issues. I've changed the design with the same result.

The other 2 galleries uploaded with no issues. I've deleted and recreated the gallery with the same 10 of 161 images uploaded result.

The link for the gallery is index.php?gallery=8&theme=light

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It sounds like one of the images is corrupt. you can upload the images using FTP rather than trying to upload through the server, this is often a more reliable upload method.

debbie295402

Where can I find the process for that? I uploaded all images to files on the server through DreamWeaver, then linked to the images on the server via PG.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

use FTP to upload the images directly to the folder for the gallery

debbie295402

so the appropriate folder would be PowerGallery>images>[number of gallery]? Should I remove all files currentlly there? Also, should I worry about the naming convention already in place? PG creates 9 additional copies of the image. Then just point to the gallery link indicated above? Or just ftp to any designated folder on the server?

Thanks for your patience!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

hold on, are you using power gallery 1 or 2? the ability to ftp directly to the gallery folder is only available in PG2.

if you are using PG 1, it is more likely a server memory issue. it may that the 11 image is rather large and causing the server to fail on generating the resized images.

does it always fail on the same file? if so, try resizing that file in Photo Shop or another image editor first.

debbie295402

I actually have both versions, but not sure which is installed. How can I tell from within PG? Some of the images in the folder are around 8-10MB. Number 11 of the images does start at 8MB, while the ones before are around 3MB.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

if the gallery folders are numbered, it is power gallery 1 not power gallery 2.

try resizing the 11th image and see if that gets the process further, i'm thinking it's an image size issue.

debbie295402

resized all images and still the same issue. 11th is smaller than 1st 10...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the admin/global.php file, try adding the following code at line 1:

php:
<?php ini_set("memory_limit""256M"?>

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...