close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Some basic info please

Thread began 11/21/2012 6:23 am by sam441874 | Last modified 11/22/2012 12:20 pm by sam441874 | 1304 views | 4 replies |

sam441874

Some basic info please

Please bear with me as there will be a few stages

1st Stage

Having just got the hang of dreamweaver i purchased Data Bridge. I have set up the registration system which is working perfectly and populating the mysql database. I have now created a form for new users to complete simple sports training tests, enter their scores and press submit.

After 'submit' I want them to be able to go to a page that 'echos' their results and gives them links to other pages for suggested training programs (already in a mysql database) to improve the weaknesses highlighted in the test reults.

Can this be done?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes this can be done. The id of the newly inserted record will be saved in the session so you can create a recordset on the page and filter it with that session variable in order to display the newly inserted results and add whatever links you want.

If you use Data Bridge to create the insert and details page the insert will automatically go to the newly inserted record.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

sam441874

basic info

Hi ray Thanks for that. I do understand the principle but I bought Data Bridge to eliminate any hand coding. Is there a tutorial anywhere giving me step by step instructions to do this? If not are there any PHP coders who could work professionally with me on this?

Thanking you in anticipation

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This doesn't require hand coding... just following the steps and applying the correct server behaviors.

We sell tools, so the user still has to use them to get things accomplished. It's like you bought a jigsaw and someone told you to make an angle cut and you replied "I bought this jigsaw to eliminate the need for cutting wood by hand". Tools don't do anything without the user going through the correct motions. Our tools will help you do exactly what you want and you don't need hand coding, but you still need to do it.

This is something we could walk you through in a premiere support ticket and explain the concepts, show you how to do it, and get it done for you all at once.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

sam441874

Ok I'll book one

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...