close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

License Misuse

Thread began 11/19/2012 9:55 pm by salaroche | Last modified 11/22/2012 6:30 am by salaroche | 2399 views | 9 replies |

salaroche

License Misuse

Hi:

While my computer was down a few months ago, I used someone else's computer to work on my Website. For that purpose, I installed Dreamweaver on that computer and I also installed WA's extensions.

It may now be that the owner of that computer has been using my WA License. I say this because when I installed WA's Extensions in my new computer, I got a message saying "too many installations" or something of that sort.

Is there any way to change the license number to keep other people from using it?

Thank you for your attention

Sign in to reply to this post

Willi Schneider

Hi

Log into your download center and reset your activations. You will have to activate the licenses upon first use on your computer.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, Resetting the activations will disable the software on the other computer.

salaroche

Hi:

Thank you for your reply. However, I think I might have left the License number in a Notepad document in that computer, that's why I was asking if it was possible to change the license number or something of that sort.

Any other suggestion?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll start a backend ticket so we can monitor your license for misuse over the next couple of weeks.

If you are using 1 computer, we can set the allowed number of activations to 1, that would lock out the other computer. or if you are using 2 computers, rest the activations, then quickly activate on both systems, this would also lock out the other system.

salaroche

Jason:

I just tried activating CSS Form Builder in my new computer for the first time, but activation was denied (Unexpected error -2.)

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your attention.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'll open a support incident so that you can post your serial number in a secure location and we can investigate why it isn't working.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

salaroche

Hi Ray:

Thank you for your reply. However, while we wait to complete the operation you mention, I cannot finalize my Website installation. Could we enable ALL activations, say, for a full day so that I may Activate CSS Form Builder on my new computer ASAP?

Please note that I'm in Foshan, China, which is about 16 hours ahead of the US West Coast.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I need to know what license number you are trying to see why it isn't working so that I can make whatever updates are necessary. As far as I can tell ALL your activations should be enabled already.

There is no need to wait. The support incident is open and ready for you to post to. Just go to it and add your serial. Are you copying and pasting it? It appears you own data bridge, so Form Builder should be activated with the Data Bridge Serial number... maybe you are using the wrong serial? Read the title of the serialization window and it should point you to the correct product serial you should be using.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

salaroche

Hi Ray:

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I followed your instructions and copied the serial number from WA's Product Downloads page, entered it on CSS Form Builder's activation window, and it worked.

You were right; I was not entering the right Serial Number. I guess that transferring data and reinstalling programs from an old computer to a new one can sometimes be a cumbersome thing to do.

In any case, many thanks for your attention.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...