close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Errors

Thread began 11/14/2012 1:52 pm by Jan | Last modified 11/20/2012 8:08 am by Jan | 1686 views | 6 replies |

Jan

Errors

I get the error in the image I've attached every time I open a file or save a file (I get it 4 times when I save).

I don't have any idea what started it, but 1 day last week Dreamweaver crashed and then after I got back in Dreamweaver this error started.

I have deleted WinFileCache so that it would regenerate but that was not a resolution.

Any one know how I can resolve?

Thanks. Jan

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

what extensions including version numbers do you have installed?

Jan

I think I finally have this resolved. I went through and uninstalled/installed a bunch of my extenstions. Took a while cause I have all of them.

I would like to make a suggestion for us users. It would be nice to have a column that tells what packaged extension an extension is part of. That way when I'm looking at my Downloads page and I see CSS Menu Writer, if I could see right there that the extension is in Design Extender then I know I need to uninstall CSS Menu Writer if I have Design Extender. Then I can reinstall or install Design Extender. That way I wouldn't have to go to other pages to see that, and sometimes its not easily identifiable. I think you should simplify it.

You could also show what version of the extension is in the packaged one. So maybe individually CSS Menu Writer is at version 2.0.6 but it may be version 2.0.10 in Design Extender. Then people know that in order to keep up they should purchase Design Extender.

The above is just an example. Hopefully it meakes sense.

Thanks.

Jan

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the Download center, the download page for Design Extender, Data Bridge and Free Tools lists the extensions that are included.

I have also compiled a list here:
showthread.php?t=24005

The versions of the extensions in Free Tools and design Extender should considered newer than the stand alone versions

Jan

I know it is there but I have to go back and forth to determine what everything is. I wasn't criticizing, just suggesting that you make it easier. When we get a new version of Dreamweaver, we have to go through and install all of the extensions again. If I'm going down my list of Downloads, it would make it much easier to see all of it there.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the consolidated extensions simplify the install to 4 extensions.

eCart
Design Extender
Data Bridge
Free Tools

Install only those 4 extensions to install the whole lot.

Jan

I know that but I don't have Data Bridge and not everyone else does either. My suggestion could also help you sell those packs.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...