close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Theme top tips needed

Thread began 11/12/2012 3:37 pm by Daryl | Last modified 11/13/2012 7:02 am by Jason Byrnes | 522 views | 1 replies |

DarylBeta Tester

Theme top tips needed

I am just getting to grips with Themes and am using them mainly for creating Data Assist pages. The way that I have been doing it is;

Create a PHP page so it looks and functions as I want, including plugins for footer, header and menu. Convert the page to a dwt with main content area (and where appropriate sidebar) as editable regions.

I then create my pages in Data Assist, then go to Modify>Templates>Apply Template the Webassist>Framework Builder>Themes>Apply Theme

I soon found out that I also need to create a <head> editable region as well due to the Template asking where to put the <head> content from the template (which is already populated with DA stuff).

I have been getting varying results including no content coming across to the <head> from the template.

1) Do I need to include the items in my template <head> within the editable region, or do I need to put the editable region within the head but below the template contents?

2) Do you have any other advice or little gems about creating these templates or reducing the steps that I am taking.

Thanks in advance

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you should have a head editable region, this will be used for the css and script code that is added to the page between the head tags.

a default template includes the following editable regions:
doctitle
head

you should keep these editable regions in place, and add at least a main content editable region

See the "Using Design Extender and Data Bridge's Theming Engine" video in the data Bridge section of our youtube channel:
webassist

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...