close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

I'm not receiving email

Thread began 8/06/2009 10:33 am by lgw336173 | Last modified 8/06/2009 4:58 pm by lgw336173 | 1865 views | 2 replies |

LWag48648773

I'm not receiving email

I have checked with my host company and was told to use relay-hosting.secureserver.net in the SMTP server field so I should be ok with them.

I am not receiving the email. I have gone over this several times. The form submits and goes to my confirmation page but the email never comes through.

I may not be understanding the body page. I watched the tutorial video but it's a bit different from what I'm seeing. I don't want to actually send an email that I have created. I only want to send the results of my contact form. I have tried it several different ways and I get no emails back.

Once I get this working, I would like to create emails to send out to groups of people but at this point, I just want the form to work.

This is the form, if that helps.
contact.php

Simple enough - I will get more complicated after I get this to work. I've been working on this for days - please help!

Thank you,
Laura

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the forms action is set to post to the confirmation.php, this is not giving the universal Email code applied to the contact.php a chance to execute. When the form is submitted, it goes directly to the action page.

The action should be set to post to the contact.php. This way the Universal Email code will have the chance to send the email. In Universal Email, on the general tab, you can set a page to redirect to after the email sends, set this to go to the confirmation.php so the confirmation page will show after the email goes out.

LWag48648773

Thank you Jason! Talk about dumb mistakes. But I guess I'd rather have it be something dumb and easy to diagnose than something really tough to figure out. :-)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...