close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Server Validations error handling

Thread began 9/27/2012 1:15 pm by alnico431299 | Last modified 10/02/2012 10:43 am by Jason Byrnes | 2288 views | 5 replies |

alnico431299

Server Validations error handling

I have a single page application built with jquery that loads about 20 pages on demand via jquery’s AJAX functions (content inserted into DOM without page refresh).

So far, I am able to create insert pages in its own file (separate from form).
Using jquery I am able to serialize form content and post it to the insert php file while preventing default action (page reload, etc.)…works quit well.
I have also chained functions such as: server validation, insert-1, insert-2 (this works well too). When validation fails...insert-1, etc do not run (which is correct).

However, the problem is error handling.
For server validations, I am not able to redirect on failure as that causes index.php to reload with it’s default view/state (tried it and it doesn’t work anyway). I can reload my form page (form.php) with AJAX into index.php where Submit was pressed which includes Validation Show If, but errors are not shown.

How are Server Validations errors/invalidations handled? Are they captured to a variable? Are you passing a URI to the redirect page?
What are my options here?

Running: DataBridge 1.08

Thanks,
Brent

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the validation errors are stored to a session variable. If you look at the validation code, you should be able to see the session name.

On error, the header function is used to redirect, if you don't enter a redirect page, it uses the PHP $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] variable to redirect to the current page.

alnico431299

Thanks Jason...

Is there a way of returning the Validations session variable to jquery...as json data perhaps?
$_SESSION['WAVT_pagename_359_Errors']

Page redirects before echo...so that does not seem to work.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

sure, it's possible, but would require hand coding to accomplish that we do not support.

alnico431299

Ya, I was figuring that would be the case. So let met ask you this...
I am on day 12 of testing this software and am trying to wire up my front end (jquery: asynchronous server/database calls). Is this software capable of handling this work with 'some' hand coding or am I barking up the wrong tree ;-) I don't want to waste my time recoding everything.

Has anybody else been successful in using it like this?

Thanks,
Brent

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

i'll be honest, i haven't tried using Data Bridge for asynchronous server/database calls like you are talking about, but I don't see why it wouldn't work with some hand coding.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...