close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Inventory Levels - Incorrect

Thread began 9/12/2012 12:08 am by cymbalroad | Last modified 9/17/2012 9:12 am by Jason Byrnes | 2300 views | 6 replies |

cymbalroad

Inventory Levels - Incorrect

Hi

I've just noticed that after an order is placed on my site www.cymbalroad.com.au the inventory levels in the admin database are not automatically adjusted and still show the full amount of stock ?

Do you know what command or file is causing this issue.

Cheers
Nigel

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What payment gateway are you using?

Is the store set to use test mode?

or is the gateway set to use the sandbox?

cymbalroad

Inventory Levels

Hi Jason

Sorry, I should have provided more detail earlier. I have the payment gateway set to Paypal Standard and that all works perfectly as I get all the correct email notifications (from Paypal etc) when a order is placed and the payment is made, the order also appears perfectly in the admin page except my inventory levels are not reduced. (Gateway is not set to use sandbox)

I've been doing a lot of testing and placing real orders to ensure it is all perfect but I just realised my stock levels hadn't changed and where i have only only particular item in stock, when you then purchase it, it still shows afterwards as having one item still in stock, all other parts of the ordering / payment process work perfectly ?

No the site www.cymbalroad.com.au is not set to use test mode.

Cheers
Nigel

cymbalroad

Update

Hi Jason

Just a quick update, hope the following makes sense! as I had recently re-setup my site with a new hosting provider, I had done a brand new install then copied over the relevant SQL files etc.

As my previous old site under www.cymbalroad.com is still sitting with my old hosting provider I did a few more tests there and the inventory levels etc all work perfectly when you make a purchase but it doesn't work correctly on my new site www.cymbalroad.com.au that I had setup on a new hosting provider so the issue must just be with the way I did the install, so I think the best thing for me to do is re do the install and do it really carefully to ensure all the files and folders are loaded correctly as well as the SQL files etc as the test i just did on my old site proved that everything works perfectly.

Once I have the new site setup 100% I plan to just re-direct my old .com URL to my new .com.au URL.

So based on the above I should be able to sort out the issue with a clean new install.

Cheers
Nigel

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

cymbalroad

Inventory Levels - still incorrect.

Hi

Can you please re-open the support ticket #145990 or create a new one as my original issue has still not been resolved.

I had Ray from WA look at the support ticket which was a great help, but we went off on a tangent and focused on enabling Paypal Express on my site as I had enabled Paypal Standard which was an option in my payment gateway on the Admin site. Apparently Paypal Standard should not have been an option available unless I had downloaded Power Store months ago which I hadn't as I only purchased it 2 weeks ago.

Anyway Paypal Express works fine thanks to help from Ray, but my inventory levels still do not reduce when a purchase is made, if i place an order on my live site, for a product I have only one of, as soon as the order goes through and I make a payment etc via paypal express all the order details show up correctly in the Admin site which is cool but the product still shows on my site as having one available to purchase!

I don't want to have to manually adjust my inventory levels ongoing everytime an order is placed and I'm hoping someone at WA knows which part of the code in the script controls the inventory levels when an order is placed, because there definately seems to be a problem within my script.

All my FTP details etc have been provided on support ticket #145990.

Again, thanks for your help to date.

Cheers
Nigel

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have started a new incident for this issue.

cymbalroad

This post has been deleted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...